Jul 25, 2020
MOBO: Asus prime B550M wifi
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: GTX 1660
AIO: CM Masterliquid ML240LRGB
16GB Corsair vengeance RGB PRO
Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1Tb
PSU: EVGA 650 BQ Semi modular

I built a new system with the above listed parts, the case didn’t come with any fans installed so I initially bought some CM 120mm rgb fans, but when I connected them the rgb controller started smoking, the fans flickered and never lit up again. They spin perfectly when the computer turns on but the leds are dead.
I thought the culprit was Either the cables or the MOBO connection but I checked and rechecked the connections and tried multiple sets of Sata cables and ports on the PSU. Nothing has worked, so I returned the fans and got some Corsair LL120’s with a different rgb hub and led controller, but the same exact thing happened again.
I’m at my wits end with these RGB fans.
I’m now thinking the problem may be the PSU but I’m not sure. Does anyone here have any knowledge to share about possible solutions?

MOBO: Asus prime B550M wifi
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: GTX 1660
AIO: CM Masterliquid ML240LRGB
16GB Corsair vengeance RGB PRO
Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1Tb
PSU: EVGA 650 BQ Semi modular

I built a new system with the above listed parts, the case didn’t come with any fans installed so I initially bought some CM 120mm rgb fans, but when I connected them the rgb controller started smoking, the fans flickered and never lit up again. They spin perfectly when the computer turns on but the leds are dead.
I thought the culprit was Either the cables or the MOBO connection but I checked and rechecked the connections and tried multiple sets of Sata cables and ports on the PSU. Nothing has worked, so I returned the fans and got some Corsair LL120’s with a different rgb hub and led controller, but the same exact thing happened again.
I’m at my wits end with these RGB fans.
I’m now thinking the problem may be the PSU but I’m not sure. Does anyone here have any knowledge to share about possible solutions?
Are fans and MB headers RGB or ARGB ? Big difference and not interchangeable !!!