Question Fan Speed Stuck

Dec 31, 2021
I've been experiencing some trouble with any GPU customization where I change my fan speed setting but it resets to 40 immediately after. I've tried to customize the fan speed in Nvidia's performance tuner, MSI After Burner and EVGA's Performance x1 (I think it's called that) but the same issue arises. I'm able to change my voltage and Temperature Target without any hassle which seems weird to me. I even tried to rollback my graphics driver which didn't solve the issue. Any help would be appreciated. I have my specs listed below.

I7 10700F
32 Gb Corsair Vengance Pro DDR4 (4x8gb)
Cooler Master ML360
80+ Gold Fully Modular 850W ApexGaming PSU
NZXT N7 Z590 Motherboard
Intel 660p M.20 2280 2tb NVME SSD
MSI RTX 3080 12gb LHR Gaming Z Trio

Lutfij

Titan
When rolling back your driver(s), did you use DDU? As for your platform, make sure you're on the latest BIOS version as well as the latest version for your OS. Speaking of versions, what version of the app's to tinker with your GPU are you working with? Age of your PSU in that build? I wouldn't place my trust in that PSU, mind you, would've invested onto a known reliably built platform.

Dec 31, 2021
To roll back the drivers I downloaded the previous release from Nvidia and ran the file. I didn't notice any issues with doing it that way. I'm on the latest version of my MB (1.30 i think?) I Installed it today as well as checked for updates for Windows 10. I'm not sure I understand your last question.

IBeats

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
To roll back the drivers I downloaded the previous release from Nvidia and ran the file. I didn't notice any issues with doing it that way. I'm on the latest version of my MB (1.30 i think?) I Installed it today as well as checked for updates for Windows 10. I'm not sure I understand your last question.

He is saying that your power supply is untrustworthy and looks like a cheap knock-off.

I wouldn't recommend cheaping out on a PSU as it could possibly fry all your other components.

RM850x PSU I would recommend