[SOLVED] fan speeds too high?

Jerrythefairry

Reputable
May 3, 2020
im wondering if my fan speeds are normal and could be adjusted without sacrificing temperatures.

this is my build

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gzVD68

here are my fan speeds im not sure which is which but fan #2 is out of control i think and very loud
Screenshot_2022-01-13_111415.png

Solution
Fan speed control is typically dependent on temp, and what your motherboard fan curve is set to, unless said fan is hooked via SATA or Molex for power. You can try adjusting said fan curve, via whatever utility your motherboard has available to do such things. I always adjust mine, to be as quiet as possible, without temps getting out of control.

logainofhades

Titan
Fan speed control is typically dependent on temp, and what your motherboard fan curve is set to, unless said fan is hooked via SATA or Molex for power. You can try adjusting said fan curve, via whatever utility your motherboard has available to do such things. I always adjust mine, to be as quiet as possible, without temps getting out of control.

Solution

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Your system parts list does not show what CPU cooling system you have, nor any case ventilation fans. We need to know maker and models for these, AND which mobo fan header each is plugged into. That can help figure out what the readings you supplied mean.

Your mobo came with a DVD of Drivers, Utilities, etc. See your manual, p. 60 for how to find and install many utilities. See p. 64 for a description of the Command Centre App which alows you to observe and adjust many items under Windows while other normal things operating. This is much more convenient that having to reboot into BIOS Setup. You can use screens in Command Centre to check and change fan header settings.