[SOLVED] Fan Spliter (need help fast please)

Dec 20, 2021
i have a post regarding pc fan and some other things, but no one Seem to be answering, and i need helt ASAP

1. i have these (image below) - can i plug the fan power Thing to the splitter? So 3 fan into 1 and then plug it Into a SYS_FAN on my motherboard? (can i do that with all 9 fans and then have in total 3 plugged SYS_FANS

2. On the splitter, two of the black cables only has 3 pins and the red has 4.
Is that okay?
Do i still just plug my fans into one of the red that has 4 pins and the rest to the two black that has 3 pins? Even tho the fan thing has 4 pins?

3. Why is there even a red and two black things on the splitter?
does the red just work the same as the two black ones? Even tho the red has 4 pins instead of 3 like the two black ones

4. Since the splitter comes with 3in1 fan, does that mean that the splitter has enough A to power the 3 fans? It says on each fan 0.37A

Solution
i have these (image below) - can i plug the fan power Thing to the splitter?
Yes (it's called connector btw)
So 3 fan into 1 and then plug it Into a SYS_FAN on my motherboard?
As long as total amperage of 3 fans do not exceed header rating.
(can i do that with all 9 fans and then have in total 3 plugged SYS_FANS
Sure, you can use multiple splitters, one per header.
On the splitter, two of the black cables only has 3 pins and the red has 4.
Is that okay?
Yes
Do i still just plug my fans into one of the red that has 4 pins and the rest to the two black that has 3 pins? Even tho the fan thing has 4 pins?
Yes
Why is there even a red and two black things on the splitter?
It marks the control...
i have these (image below) - can i plug the fan power Thing to the splitter?
Yes (it's called connector btw)
So 3 fan into 1 and then plug it Into a SYS_FAN on my motherboard?
As long as total amperage of 3 fans do not exceed header rating.
(can i do that with all 9 fans and then have in total 3 plugged SYS_FANS
Sure, you can use multiple splitters, one per header.
On the splitter, two of the black cables only has 3 pins and the red has 4.
Is that okay?
Yes
Yes
Why is there even a red and two black things on the splitter?
It marks the control cable. It must have fan connected to it, otherwise other fans on the splitter will not work.
does the red just work the same as the two black ones
Nope, see above
Since the splitter comes with 3in1 fan, does that mean that the splitter has enough A to power the 3 fans?
Splitter has no power. It just splits power coming from header.

Reactions: Scott Fowler
Solution
Dec 20, 2021
thank you so mutch for answering my questions <3

I am still a bit confused, after the good sir said that my mobo sysfan only supports up to 1A i used my Brian to check the manual haha, and yes it says 1A as well.

1. Now… im still a bid confused, do i take my fan connnector things into one red and one Black or just in the two black things, and then plug the splitter into a sys fan

2. also since i have 9 fans in total, do i still use same amount of power?
like if i was to use 3 Spliter so in total there would only be 3 cables plugged into sys fans, so sys-fan1 all the Way to 3 does that use same amount of power if i have 5 sys fans, so sys-fan1 all the Way to 5 (have to since my sys fan support up to 1A) both methods still uses 9 fans in total

3. also i have 9 fans that mean if i use 2 fans per spliter, i have one left. Do i just plus that one fan into a sys fan on it’s own?

Thanks

Last edited:
Now… im still a bid confused, do i take my fan connnector things into one red and one Black or just in the two black things, and then plug the splitter into a sys fan
One into red, one into black. If you put both to black it will not work.
also i have 9 fans that mean if i use 2 fans pr spliter i have only left. do i just plus that one fan into a sys fan on it’s own?
9 fans would be 4 splitters and one fan left. That means you need 5 SYS_FAN headers - the last one goes directly to mobo header.
also since i have 9 fans in total, do i still use same amount of power?
like if i was to use 3 Spliter so in total there would only be 3 cables plugged into sys fans, so sys-fan1 all the Way to 3 does that use same amount of power if i have 5 sys fans ,så so sys-fan1 all the Way to 5 (have to since my sys fan support up to 1A) both medholds still uses 9 fans in total
Sorry, I could not understand what you mean :)

Reactions: Scott Fowler
Dec 20, 2021
so greatful for the help, thanks you so mutch. I still have a few questions. Bare with me here <3

1. Regarding the power question. Since i am using 4 splitters and 1 directily into the mobo now, does that use same amount of power/watt as if i where to use 3 Spliters that has 3 fans connected to it each? Hope that makes more sense haha

2. I Saw some videos saying to remember to change something to dc for fans in the bios, what is that about? sorry i really am here learning as a first time builder

1. Regarding the power question. Since i am using 4 splitters and 1 directily into the mobo now, does that use same amount of power/watt as if i where to use 3 Spliters that has 3 fans connected to it each? Hope that makes more sense haha
The amount of power used depends solely on number of fans connected to motherboard - so whether you connect 9 fans to one header (if you could do that) or use 4 splitters+1 free fan it's still same: 9x0.37 A
2. I Saw some videos saying to remember to change something to dc for fans in the bios, what is that about? sorry i really am here learning as a first time builder
DC is another way motherboard can control fan speed. It should be used only with fans that have 3-pin connector. If your fans have 4-pin connectors you should not change to DC control.

Dec 20, 2021
The amount of power used depends solely on number of fans connected to motherboard - so whether you connect 9 fans to one header (if you could do that) or use 4 splitters+1 free fan it's still same: 9x0.37 A

DC is another way motherboard can control fan speed. It should be used only with fans that have 3-pin connector. If your fans have 4-pin connectors you should not change to DC control.
Thanks alot!
Also, just this last question. Since i have 2 fans connected to a Fan spliter (in total i have 4 fan spliter connected + 1 directly connect to my mobo) i dont need to change anything in the BIOS right?