[SOLVED] Fan splitter

Oct 21, 2020
Hi all

Can i use a fan splitter to plug in aio pump and 1 case fan as i dont have enough fan header on my motherboard?

thanks

Solution
No. The only connection to the CPU fan header should be a CPU fan or CPU pump.

See page 13 - https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1452876/Cooler-Master-Masterliquid-Ml240l-Rgb.html?page=13#manual

Your motherboard does not have the usual CPU fan and CPU opt fan so the AIO is not really compatible with your motherboard.
But you can try connecting the fans and the pump to the CPU header if you want just to see what happens.
Most fan headers are only made to power 2 fans though. And you could damage your motherboard by attaching 2 fans plus the pump.
It would be better to attach the cooler fans to the 4 pin system (case) fan header.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Tell us what mobo you have - make and model number. Also what AIO system, and what (and how many) case fans you have. For the fans, at least tell us how many wires come out of it , or how many holes in its connector, for EACH fan. Wit that info we can advise better ways to do this.

Oct 21, 2020
Tell us what mobo you have - make and model number. Also what AIO system, and what (and how many) case fans you have. For the fans, at least tell us how many wires come out of it , or how many holes in its connector, for EACH fan. Wit that info we can advise better ways to do this.

motherboard - asrock b350m
Aio - coolermaster ml240l
Case fan - corsair 4 sp120 icue

thanks alot

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
Cant i just plug the splitter in the cpu header?
The instructions for the AIO will show you what to do. It usually consists of -
Plug Cooler pump wire into CPU header
Plug Cooler pump usb wire to motherboard usb.
Plug PSU sata connector to pump sata connector
Plug fans into pump fan header.
What make and model AIO?

Oct 21, 2020
The instructions for the AIO will show you what to do. It usually consists of -
Plug Cooler pump wire into CPU header
Plug Cooler pump usb wire to motherboard usb.
Plug PSU sata connector to pump sata connector
Plug fans into pump fan header.
What make and model AIO?

hi

motherboard - asrock b350m
Aio - coolermaster ml240l
Case fan - corsair 4 sp120 icue

do you think its fine use a fan splitter for the fan and the aio pump as i dont have enought fan headers?
Thanks

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
No. The only connection to the CPU fan header should be a CPU fan or CPU pump.

See page 13 - https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1452876/Cooler-Master-Masterliquid-Ml240l-Rgb.html?page=13#manual

Your motherboard does not have the usual CPU fan and CPU opt fan so the AIO is not really compatible with your motherboard.
But you can try connecting the fans and the pump to the CPU header if you want just to see what happens.
Most fan headers are only made to power 2 fans though. And you could damage your motherboard by attaching 2 fans plus the pump.
It would be better to attach the cooler fans to the 4 pin system (case) fan header.

Last edited:
Solution