Question Fans become loud when i open stuff

Popikaify

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2017
All my fans are set to PWM and smart fan mode in BIOS.I dont have any temp issues whatsoever,while playing games my CPU temp is around 50c,GPU is around 55c.But the problem is if i open any app or internet browser for example ill hear my fansgo loud for a moment and then go quite again.Its literally louder when i open browser than playing any game.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Maybe do nothing and just ignore this issue. There are SOME CPU chips that have the characteristic of a sudden brief internal temperature jump in some cores when the load changes, then return to normal temps. This can trigger the CPU cooling system to sense a need to speed up, then slow down again. That brief high temp reading is NOT dangerous to the CPU and will do no harm.

Popikaify

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2017
Maybe do nothing and just ignore this issue. There are SOME CPU chips that have the characteristic of a sudden brief internal temperature jump in some cores when the load changes, then return to normal temps. This can trigger the CPU cooling system to sense a need to speed up, then slow down again. That brief high temp reading is NOT dangerous to the CPU and will do no harm.
is 7800x3d one of them?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Not really - the issue I cited applies particularly to come Intel CPU's, and yours is not among those. BUT I do see many reports that that AMD chip does show temp spikes and tend to run hot. Its max internal spec for TJmax is 89C. So you would worry if it is running AT or NEAR 89 C for sustained period - that would say your cooling is inadequate. But if temps even close to that happen for only a few seconds, it is NO problem at all.