[SOLVED] Fans Direction

gtrstefan

Commendable
Jun 30, 2020
Hello there,

I have an Liquid ML360R Cooler Master system with the radiator mounted on the front of the case.
See the picture bellow:

https://ibb.co/M1cSXhS

FAN 1 and 2 - Cooler fans
FAN 3 and 4 - Case fans

Each number reffers to a FAN and each arrow indicates the direction each FAN is blowing . The radiator is situated between the pairs of FANs.
Could there be an inefficient cooling because 2 FANS blow against the other 2 fans?

I think a good solution is to make FAN 1 and 2 blow in the opposite direction for a more efficient cooling.

Can you please confirm if there is any issue with the current installation and if its a good idea to turn around FAN 1 and 2?

Thanks.

Solution
Think about it. Air comes in one side, goes through the object, out the other side and takes the heat with it. That applies to the radiator, the case, everything. If you have opposing flow, heat goes nowhere, just gets stuck in the middle.

gtrstefan

Commendable
Jun 30, 2020
Hello there,

I have an Liquid ML360R Cooler Master system with the radiator mounted on the front of the case.
See the picture bellow:

https://ibb.co/M1cSXhS

FAN 1 and 2 - Cooler fans
FAN 3 and 4 - Case fans

Each number reffers to a FAN and each arrow indicates the direction each FAN is blowing . The radiator is situated between the pairs of FANs.
Could there be an inefficient cooling because 2 FANS blow against the other 2 fans?

I think a good solution is to make FAN 1 and 2 blow in the opposite direction for a more efficient cooling.

Can you please confirm if there is any issue with the current installation and if its a good idea to turn around FAN 1 and 2?

Thanks.
I forgot to mention that there are 2 fans on the top of the case blowing hot air outside and 1 fan on the back of the case doing the same.

gtrstefan

Commendable
Jun 30, 2020
All front ones to blow in. The way you have them makes them do nothing and maybe not even that.
1 and 2 are I presume mounted on the radiator ?

Yes, 1 and 2 are mounted on the radiator.
3 and 4 are mounted on the case but practically they are at the same distance from the radiator as 1 and 2. They blow in the radiator directly.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Think about it. Air comes in one side, goes through the object, out the other side and takes the heat with it. That applies to the radiator, the case, everything. If you have opposing flow, heat goes nowhere, just gets stuck in the middle.

Solution
Sorry, you could not do worse.
Orient the radiator fans to send air towards the inside of the case; the same way the front intake fans are oriented.
In time, all of the airflow coming in the front will exit the case somewhere, taking component heat with it.