Fans, Water Coolers ? Which is better

daniel_326

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
So I have a question about Water Coolers or fan coolers: Which one is better? And how many do you have in a PC. Do you need a better cooler depending on how many watts your PSU brings in?

Solution
you are asking about cpu cooling correct? Water cooling is superior, it gives lower temperatures.
The second question of how many you got on your pc bust refer to the case fans. I personaly have 1x 200mm as intake in the front and 3x120mm as exhaust to my radiators(i use a custom loop and have 2 radiators). Normally you should balance the intake and out-take , i tried to add once a 120mm as intake but didn't see any difference.
As for the cooling per watts of psu, the psu is irrelevant to cooling. Better cooling is for systems that use more power, in other words produce more heat.

slyverine

Reputable
Mar 4, 2016
you are asking about cpu cooling correct? Water cooling is superior, it gives lower temperatures.
The second question of how many you got on your pc bust refer to the case fans. I personaly have 1x 200mm as intake in the front and 3x120mm as exhaust to my radiators(i use a custom loop and have 2 radiators). Normally you should balance the intake and out-take , i tried to add once a 120mm as intake but didn't see any difference.
As for the cooling per watts of psu, the psu is irrelevant to cooling. Better cooling is for systems that use more power, in other words produce more heat.

Solution