Faulty component, but not sure what.

Aug 26, 2018
As the title describes, I do not know what is causing my computer to sometimes not boot.
1. I checked if the ram or the ram slots were faulty but after trying every single slot and both ram sticks on their own I came to the conclusion that it's not them that are causing the problem.
2. I at first thought it was the motherboard since many other threads describe that their computer won't boot at all. But the thing is, it can't be my motherboard because sometimes the computer does start and function properly.
3. I have tried both holding the power on button to clear ram and clr_cmos but both to no avail.
4. It can't be the monitor considering I've already tried the screen with a laptop I have, and it worked fine for hours.

So it either comes down to two components, either my psu, a 750w gold evga is not working properly or my gtx 1060 6gb windforce OC is slowly dying. Although I believe it might be the graphics card because I do get power to my keyboard and mouse and my lightning on the computer, all the fans start including the cpu fan. So I'm not sure if for any other reason it could be the psu?

It only recently began shutting down and I keep hearing stutters in sound and sometimes from nowhere the computer does not shut down, only the monitor does. But it either does that or it gives me a bluescreen.

Any idea what it could be?

zero_l0gic

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018
best way to check is to put only mobo, cpu and 1 stick of memory and put it in the mobo video output ( if you have), if it doesnt turn on in that state ( at least to make the dreaded beeping sounds). if no then i would say its the mobo or cpu.

Aug 26, 2018

After you told me it might be the cpu and after I saw a list that perfectly fit my problem I must say that it's probably the cpu. I hope this type of issue is warranted. Thanks for your help. :)