[SOLVED] Faulty graphics card?

May 9, 2020
I am new to building computers, and I recently just built my first computer a couple weeks ago. After a couple days, I began to experience an issue with posting to my monitor. Sometimes, when I turn on my computer, it will load up to the Windows login screen, and then the monitor will go black. Then the monitor would read "No HDMI Input Detected" and the VGA LED on my motherboard would be red. This happens quite often, and I have been able to temporarily fix the problem by just turning off the system and turning it back on. I noticed that this issue only occurs when I leave my computer off for a long period of time, like overnight, and try to turn it back on the morning. If I shut down the system and turn it back on within a few minutes, it runs smoothly. I have tried a number of tests to see if I could diagnose the issue, but I cannot seem to figure out if it is a hardware issue or if it is a software issue.

I've tried moving my graphics card to a different pcie, but the same problem occurs. I checked all of the cabling multiple times, and none of the cables are out of place. My monitor and HDMI cable are working properly (i have used it many times with my laptop). I've also consulted different forums, but I am still stuck and do not know what to do. I suspect that it might be hardware related, but I am unsure.

Any help would be appreciated.

BUILD:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GIGABYTE Aorus B450 Pro WIFI
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5600 XT
G.skill Ripjaws DDR4-3200 (2 x 8GB)
EVGA 600BQ Power Supply

Solution
After a few weeks of troubleshooting, I had the idea that this might be a drivers issue instead of a hardware issue. I finally fixed the issue and the past couple of days, the PC has finally been booting up normally. I concluded that this might be related to a driver problem since I started getting weird crashes during normal use in addition to bootup issue.

The way I solved this issue was to go online and download DDU, which is the display drivers uninstaller to ensure that I remove all instances of drivers, so old drivers can't interfere with newly installed ones (I read it could cause problems similar to mine). Here are the steps I took afterward:

1. Turn off WIFI
  2. Launch DDU in Safe Mode (following instructions on their...

Bassplate

Reputable
I am new to building computers, and I recently just built my first computer a couple weeks ago. After a couple days, I began to experience an issue with posting to my monitor. Sometimes, when I turn on my computer, it will load up to the Windows login screen, and then the monitor will go black. Then the monitor would read "No HDMI Input Detected" and the VGA LED on my motherboard would be red. This happens quite often, and I have been able to temporarily fix the problem by just turning off the system and turning it back on. I noticed that this issue only occurs when I leave my computer off for a long period of time, like overnight, and try to turn it back on the morning. If I shut down the system and turn it back on within a few minutes, it runs smoothly. I have tried a number of tests to see if I could diagnose the issue, but I cannot seem to figure out if it is a hardware issue or if it is a software issue.

I've tried moving my graphics card to a different pcie, but the same problem occurs. I checked all of the cabling multiple times, and none of the cables are out of place. My monitor and HDMI cable are working properly (i have used it many times with my laptop). I've also consulted different forums, but I am still stuck and do not know what to do. I suspect that it might be hardware related, but I am unsure.

Any help would be appreciated.

BUILD:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GIGABYTE Aorus B450 Pro WIFI
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5600 XT
G.skill Ripjaws DDR4-3200 (2 x 8GB)
EVGA 600BQ Power Supply
Hi there :benetton::benetton:
First off all How many Hardrives Do you have connected on your system?

May 9, 2020
After a few weeks of troubleshooting, I had the idea that this might be a drivers issue instead of a hardware issue. I finally fixed the issue and the past couple of days, the PC has finally been booting up normally. I concluded that this might be related to a driver problem since I started getting weird crashes during normal use in addition to bootup issue.

The way I solved this issue was to go online and download DDU, which is the display drivers uninstaller to ensure that I remove all instances of drivers, so old drivers can't interfere with newly installed ones (I read it could cause problems similar to mine). Here are the steps I took afterward:

1. Turn off WIFI
  2. Launch DDU in Safe Mode (following instructions on their website)
  3. Reinstall Chipset drivers
  4. Reinstall graphics drivers (w/ factory reset option)
  5. Turn WIFI back on
Note: All these steps were for my AMD system and I am unsure if it will work for intel systems

These are the steps that allowed me to fix this issue. Steps 3 and 4 were done in that order because, I initially only reinstalled graphics drivers but my issue was still present. I don't know why it works in that order, but I'm happy that my issue is finally fixed. Hope this helps anyone else that might experience this issue.

Solution