Faulty RAM sockets (1 at each channel)

Sep 17, 2018
So, i've bumped into some problems while trying to boot and after some tests i've found out that my motherboard have 2 faulty adjacent ram sockets (i can boot with one ram at a time on the working sockets normally). I've read that the sticks are supposed to be used on the same channel, but can i make it work with one ram at each channel? I can boot normally with this setup but i'm constantly getting blue screen errors. Is there someway to disable dual channel or somehow fix this? Thanks!

*My motherboard is a GIGABYTE Ga-78lmt-Usb3 if that helps.

Solution
I remember reading somewhere that RAM slots not working is sometimes the result of a CPU that isn't completely socketed properly. It could also be that you are mismatching RAM sticks. In order for RAM to run in dual channel they need to be identical models (or at least the same speeds and size on some motherboards).

There is a way to disable dual channel RAM in the BIOS (usually). Depending on your motherboard the steps are going to be different so I suggest getting a copy of the manual from Gigabyte's support section.

Now, if your CPU has never been taken out, don't try re-seating it until it is absolutely the last thing you can think of. You might try resetting your BIOS to factory defaults and trying again. Possibly a BIOS update...
I remember reading somewhere that RAM slots not working is sometimes the result of a CPU that isn't completely socketed properly. It could also be that you are mismatching RAM sticks. In order for RAM to run in dual channel they need to be identical models (or at least the same speeds and size on some motherboards).

There is a way to disable dual channel RAM in the BIOS (usually). Depending on your motherboard the steps are going to be different so I suggest getting a copy of the manual from Gigabyte's support section.

Now, if your CPU has never been taken out, don't try re-seating it until it is absolutely the last thing you can think of. You might try resetting your BIOS to factory defaults and trying again. Possibly a BIOS update could help. If your RAM sticks aren't matching you should just run them on separate channels.

Hopefully something there can help point you in the right direction.

Solution