[SOLVED] Faulty wifi card after installing in new case?

May 7, 2020
Hi all, this is my first post on the forum. I'll try to keep it simple.

Last night I put my hardware into a new case. I'm pretty new to installing hardware, to the point where this was technically my first time building a pc. Took a little time to lelarn the ins and outs but I got it all working except the wifi card. Sometimes its read by device manager, sometimes with a warning icon, sometimes it wont even show under hidden devices. I've tried everything under the sun from checking drivers in devmgmt to swapping pci slots and resetting the network on both ends and it will either show that my computer detects it but wont show available networks to connect to, or it wont show at all.

Basically, I am looking to know whether or not this sounds like a faulty card, despite working just fine yesterday and being plenty careful while handling, or if I'm overlooking something that google isn't telling me.

Thanks to all in advance and specs are listed below.

Tp link tlwn851n
Asus p6t se
Seasonic 750 gold
Windows 10 pro 64
Xfinity panoramic router (I believe it's an all in one modem/router)

Let me know if I'm leaving out any necessary info.

Last edited:
May 7, 2020
Did you try re-seating the card and/or moving it to another slot? Make sure system is shut off when you do that.
Hi, thanks for your response. I have tried reseating in multiple pci slots. The only thing I didn't try was putting it in another mobo to check if it worked, but that's because I don't have another one. So I just ordered a new wifi card, should arrive today. If that doesnt work, it must be the mobo. Or maybe the CPU? It's an old Intel core i7 920.