What is your favourite movie of all time?

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
going for more obscure less well known

funny: what we do in the shadows, the package, the Great Scout and Cathouse Thursday (Lee Marvin)
sci-fi: frequently asked questions about time travel, screamers (1995)
horror: idiocracy

added the great scout and cathouse thursday-a classic

Last edited:

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
Oh geez, that's a difficult question, like asking which of your children is your favorite. Gun to my head I would probably say "Sunshine" a scifi/thriller/horror film directed by Danny Boyle (28 days later, trainspotting, slumdog millionaire, etc, etc, etc, etc) and written by Alex Garland (ex machina, 28 days later, annihlation, etc, etc, etc)

...but depending what day of the week it is I might say something like "The Prestige", that movie is beyond amazing. Or Apollo 13, that's always been a big favorite of mine. And obviously the films generally considered to be the GOATs like Shawshank Redemption, Godfather 1 & 2, Goodfellas, etc

Wolfshadw

Titan
Favorite of all time would have to be the 1955 B-Movie classic, "Tarantula" (atomic age giant monsters).
Horror: John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness. That creepy theme music stays with you all throughout the movie.
Feel-Good movie: Harvey (1950)

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Benjamin22044
Sep 11, 2019
Horror: Anything John Carpenter
Fantasy/Mystery: Triangle (2009, Dir: Christopher Smith)
Comedy: Office Space, Groundhog Day, Real Genius, Beerfest, Club Dread, Kingpin

svalbaard

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
Crikey, there are so many... all the way up from the original 12 Angry men to Jean de Florette, via GlenGarry GlenRoss and Raiders of the Lost Ark all the way to Apocalypse Now Redux and the extended version of Aliens.

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost

Remeca

Reputable
My favourite action movie kind of switches between Boondocks Saints and The Matrix. Favourite cult classics, maybe Cube, The Big Lebowski. Comedy, probably half baked and Super Troopers. And sci-fi, always loved watching Return of the Jedi over and over, but The Abyss also blew my mind as a teenager. Guilty pleasures, MIB Trilogy, 2nd was the worst, any 90s Robin Williams and Jim Carrey.

svalbaard

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
Hard question.. but a decent (not the best) movie to watch would be ready player one or interstellar

Interstellar is an odd one isn't it. It really does seem to equally split people into the either like it or hate it camps. Personally I think it's up there as one of the best sci-fi movies ever made.

Reactions: Aflyxxn

anotheruser2

Prominent
Oct 14, 2018
Interstellar is an odd one isn't it. It really does seem to equally split people into the either like it or hate it camps.
I'm not sure.
I don't quite understand it. I get the storyline but don't quite understand the whole time bending thing (yes, I know apparently time bends... even though it doesn't).

However, from a musical point of view - what a beast!