Fax Console question

Fax console has stopped working properly. Whenever it dials a number it
halts with the message 'the line is busy' before the phone has a chance to
answer. I can hear the modem and the ringing tone is audible as normal.

I tried uninstalling / reinstalling Fax Console but to no effect.

FYI I am in the UK which has different dial tones etc from USA, but this did
not matter before so I doubt whether this fact is related to the problem.

John 8o(

Byte

Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) for tech support. Responses from
the USA may not solve your problem in the UK.

John Rampling wrote:
> Fax console has stopped working properly. Whenever it dials a number it
> halts with the message 'the line is busy' before the phone has a chance to
> answer. I can hear the modem and the ringing tone is audible as normal.
>
> I tried uninstalling / reinstalling Fax Console but to no effect.
>
> FYI I am in the UK which has different dial tones etc from USA, but this
> did not matter before so I doubt whether this fact is related to the
> problem.

Have you changed or updated the modem drivers recently? If so, can you
Rollback to the prior drivers and see if the problem persists?

Also check the line for noise. Last, check the Event logs for FAX related
problems/errors and/or watch the FAX Monitor while attempting to send.

If nothing above proves helpful, you should probably post this in the MS
newsgroup "windowsxp.print_fax" for best results on the feedback.

--

....Sky