FileFront Closing Down at End of March

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Oh and if this is an April Fools joke, it isn't very funny. I'm wasting my bandwidth redownloading the files I uploaded to their site.

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
I don't think its a joke.

I have noticed the increased placement of ads on the site, but is for the same ad over and over again. I suspected they were running low on dough.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
I read this several hours ago already on moddb.com... It's a real shame to see them go.

I thought they actually had REALLY crappy transfer rates. (They always gave me about 30kbps vs 55kbps I got at gamershell or fileplanet or filefront.)

However, filefront required no registration... which is something that I will miss... a lot.

R.I.P. FF.

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
[citation][nom]idisarmu[/nom]I read this several hours ago already on moddb.com... It's a real shame to see them go.I thought they actually had REALLY crappy transfer rates. (They always gave me about 30kbps vs 55kbps I got at gamershell or fileplanet or filefront.) However, filefront required no registration... which is something that I will miss... a lot.R.I.P. FF.[/citation]
Must be the location of the server. I would get 600KB on DSL and about 800KB+ on cable.

G

A good portion of the FileFront Network administration are working on setting up a new network in conjunction with Strategy Informer.

Among those speculated to be involved thus far are some of the more porminent FF staff from over the years, includng Jeff "n0e" Mills, Phenix, Jos "Pro-Filer" Jongejan, Killer Kyle, Lulolwen, Sheepeep, Jamie, Kerian, DarthInsidious, STALKER, and Mikouen.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
I get around 1.8MB/s, i don't see how they would struggle with 30kb/s, I mean really?

I hate to see them go as well. They were the best place to get patches and stuff from, since 1. they had no queue and 2. did not require you to sign up to get decent speeds(FilePlanet/shack). Heck I was a paid member @ FP and still got crappy speeds from them.

randomizer

Champion
I'm not a fan of the unpredictable, and usually bad, speeds of BitTorrent (for me that is). FileFront, GamersHell and if worst comes to worst, FilePlanet, are what I use most of the time. FileFront was my favourite for the reasons mentioned by other commentors.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
[citation][nom]Shiroken[/nom]A good portion of the FileFront Network administration are working on setting up a new network in conjunction with Strategy Informer.Among those speculated to be involved thus far are some of the more porminent FF staff from over the years, includng Jeff "n0e" Mills, Phenix, Jos "Pro-Filer" Jongejan, Killer Kyle, Lulolwen, Sheepeep, Jamie, Kerian, DarthInsidious, STALKER, and Mikouen.[/citation]

I missed this when replying, I noticed this place while looking for a couple of mods for World in Conflict just a couple of days ago, and I like it, at least i wont have to rely on FP/FS

G

What about the Forum? I wasn't a nobody for once. I was one of the better technicians. Widely considered to be among the top 5 on the site. I'm going to miss the community... :( --- Monster_user

furryappleseed

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
Wow, this is sad. This was my spot for dl, great transer speeds and no wait.

I must admit though, in recent times I have not used it much at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS