Files gone after Windows 10 update

golpochorapi88

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
Hey guys,

So basically windows was updating yesterday on my laptop and don't know what i did, laptop turned off. Then i tried booting it up and now takes much longer to start up and I have black screen for some minutes that i didn't have before and sometimes it doesn't boot up so I have to hold the button to turn it off. Aaanyway everytime i start the laptop now I have different problems but the major one is that my whole D drive has gone missing. Sometimes it shows up, sometimes it doesn't but when it does it says that there's 1TB of used space although when I go into the folders there's nothing in there. I need to recover around 200+GB worth of data so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Take the drive out and connect to another pc and transfer your files. I have a feeling the drive might be dying from your description. If I am right you need to get the files off the drive as quickly as possible, the more you use the drive the more likely it will completely die. Now I could be wrong but this is the safest option for recovering your files. It's also a lesson why important files should be backed up.

golpochorapi88

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017

I forgot to mention that earlier today I had no problems, I was able to access everything just forgot to backup... I would take it out but I still have my warranty going. Oh lovely life. I was just curious if there isn't any solution fixing it in windows before ruining my warranty.

EDIT: Just restart my laptop again and i can see some files outside the folders I had. When i try opening them it says that I've moved them or they don't exist but they are there.. and there is data in the file

golpochorapi88

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017

I've got this error

eUh6ng5.jpg