When I open a folder that has multiple files in it, how can I get the window
to show me the total number of files and total bytes in them?

Right click on the folder, and choose "Properties".

"Tully" <Tully@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:1D0BA8D0-0ADF-4219-BA5E-78DD89931DE2@microsoft.com...
> When I open a folder that has multiple files in it, how can I get the window
> to show me the total number of files and total bytes in them?

OK - that works. What I was thinking of was on my old Windows 98 when I
opened a folder at the bottom of the window it would show maybe "10 files
1234 KB" automatically. Is that possible on Windows XP?

"Tully" <Tully@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I open a folder that has multiple files in it, how can I get the window
>to show me the total number of files and total bytes in them?

In Windows Explorer click on View - Status Bar

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP