[SOLVED] Find a power supply to replace CoolerMaster RS-400-PSA-I3

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rd_05

Prominent
Aug 14, 2019
My maid flipped the red switch on the back of the cabinet (on the PSU), where it says 115/230. It was 230 previously and she switched it to 115 while cleaning by mistake. Ok, let me stop with the lies, I did it :rolleyes:. As soon as I pressed the power button, I heard 3 pops and some burning smell. I know it's the PSU as I have got it checked from the repair guy. The PSU is 6 years old and the burnt components are not available anymore. Here is my configuration:

PSU: CoolerMaster RS-400-PSA-I3 (ATX) :(
CPU: Inter Core i3-3210 (LGA1155)
Motherboard: msi ZH77A-G41
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 620 2 GB
HDD: 500GB SATA WD-Blue
RAM: Corsair 4GB 1600Mhz
Cabinet: CM Elite 371

All I know right now is I need a 450W or above PSU with ATX form factor.
Why above? I want to upgrade to i5/i7, another 4 GB graphics card (so I would have 2+4 = 6 GB) and 8GB DDR3 memory (so I'd have 4+8 = 12GB), in near future. I was using this desktop for normal gaming such as CS:GO, LOL, other FPS games, movies, some very basic video editing. This was bought as a gaming PC 6 years back, but LIFE (early 20's :censored:) got in the way. I know I can find the exact wattage of these components via an online calculator (which I did and it came out to be around 600) but I wanted a veteran opinion because brands do not perform sometimes and this PSU burning incident, is my time to get it fixed and start gaming again as my life is pretty sorted now. Good folks, please assist and add your credit score for heaven 😇. I have Assassins creed, Dead by Daylight, Witcher on my wishlist to play next.

rd_05

Prominent
Aug 14, 2019
Thanks to all for taking out time and replying to my questions. I installed cx450 today while I look to upgrade other hardware. Installation was simple and my pc fired up. I also replaced the thermal paste and its all working fine.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX