Question finding out the public ip through x.com

Aug 16, 2024
It's interesting that today, a random individual managed to discover my public IP address through Twitter and gained access to my router, listing all the connections on it. I suspect this person might be an X.com employee. What's notable is that my Twitter account doesn't follow anyone, has no followers, and only has posts.

Do you have any suggestions on how to protect ourselves from this happening again?

It's interesting that today, a random individual managed to discover my public IP address through Twitter and gained access to my router, listing all the connections on it. I suspect this person might be an X.com employee. What's notable is that my Twitter account doesn't follow anyone, has no followers, and only has posts.

Do you have any suggestions on how to protect ourselves from this happening again?
First make sure to change the admin password on your router. You don't want someone getting in there and making changes. Second you can hide your public IP by using a VPN service like Surfshark, Cyber Ghost, etc...

waelkd

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
How do you know or were otherwise informed that the router was accessed?

What connections were listed: do you mean devices on your network?

Change all passwords to strong passwords.

Scan all devices for malware.

Back up all important data.
i only have assumed he accessed my router because that person only mentioned the list of devices on my network

i changed my router admin password, unfortunetly it doesnt have a 2fa

i scanned all my devices , all clean

i have nothing to back up as everything is extracted on external closed circuit storage

First make sure to change the admin password on your router. You don't want someone getting in there and making changes. Second you can hide your public IP by using a VPN service like Surfshark, Cyber Ghost, etc...

i did change the pwd,and im already using a paid vpn

Ralston18

Titan
Regarding:

"i only have assumed he accessed my router because that person only mentioned the list of devices on my network"

How was that list mentioned to you? Was the list accurate with respect to the listed devices?

Screenshot, copy/paste, typed list?

Not asking to see the list - just asking how the list was mentioned to you?