[SOLVED] Finding the bottleneck

Dec 12, 2020
Hi all,

I need help finding the bottleneck.

I have a Intel g3930, 4gb RAM and 120gb ssd\2tb hdd system I was using as a media server.
I just got my hands on a RX 570 4gb GPU, which I installed on the system.

I would like to run some older games, for example, I installed Witcher 3 and there are some long freezes ingame.
From what I can see from the game requirements, the game is supposed to run on these specs, at least on lowest settings.

Yes, the CPU and RAM are over 90%.

I am thinking if the problem is RAM I can just add 4 more gb, but if it's the CPU also, that's another thing, because it's more expensive and I got no experience with CPU replacement.

Thanks

Solution
Hi all,

I have a Intel g3930, 4gb RAM and 120gb ssd\2tb hdd system I was using as a media server.

I would like to run some older games, for example, I installed Witcher 3 and there are some long freezes ingame.
From what I can see from the game requirements, the game is supposed to run on these specs, at least on lowest settings.

I am thinking if the problem is RAM I can just add 4 more gb, but if it's the CPU also, that's another thing, because it's more expensive and I got no experience with CPU replacement.

Thanks
Your Celeron CPU @ 2.9 Ghz. and limited RAM are both...
Hi all,

Thanks
Your Celeron CPU @ 2.9 Ghz. and limited RAM are both inadequate for a decent gaming experience with games like Witcher 3. You're going to need a better platform. As your pc is now, it's really only suitable for office tasks. If you need a low budget upgrade something like this would give you a big improvement over what you have now-
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4MXmV7

Depending on the brand, model and age of your power supply, it may need to be upgraded also.

Last edited:
Solution
Jul 20, 2018
The cpu is bottlenecking the gpu in games. Other than a ram upgrade you might want to get something like a i3 9100f to get minimal bottleneck. As for the installation of another cpu, you can take the bought cpu and your pc to a computer repair shop near you and ask a technician to install it for you.