Question finding the clock generator/PLL on my motherboard

_Thomas_

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
Hi everyone, I'm looking for the clock gererator/PLL/FSB on my motherboard.
I am not afraid to take out my motherboard and physically have a look at the chip, however I don't know where it is.
I have a gigabyte b85m ds3h-a motherboard and here: https://static.gigabyte.com/Product/2/5346/20150305175926_src.jpg
is a picture.

I was hoping someone can identify the chip and just point an arrow towards it or something in ms paint.
There's also a BCLK adjuster inside gigabyte's easytune software but it's greyed out so I was hoping to give it a shot with either setfsb or clockgen.

The reason for wanting to do this is as follows: I currently have a pentium g3258 @4.4GHZ but tomorrow I'm upgrading to a xeon e3 1246 v3 which does not have an unlocked multiplier, therefore I'd like to adjust the BCLK to maybe 101-102 mhz to get it from 3.9boost freq to 4.0 boost freq.

_Thomas_

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
stick with 1 thread
Hi everyone, I'm looking for the clock gererator/PLL/FSB on my motherboard.
I am not afraid to take out my motherboard and physically have a look at the chip, however I don't know where it is.
I have a gigabyte b85m ds3h-a motherboard and here: https://static.gigabyte.com/Product/2/5346/20150305175926_src.jpg
is a picture.

I was hoping someone can identify the chip and just point an arrow towards it or something in ms paint.
There's also a BCLK adjuster inside gigabyte's easytune software but it's greyed out so I was hoping to give it a shot with either setfsb or clockgen.

The reason for wanting to do this is as follows: I currently have a pentium g3258 @4.4GHZ but tomorrow I'm upgrading to a xeon e3 1246 v3 which does not have an unlocked multiplier, therefore I'd like to adjust the BCLK to maybe 101-102 mhz to get it from 3.9boost freq to 4.0 boost freq.

A kinda second question I have, I can select two PLL's in my bios, any advice on which I should use?