Firefox 3.5 is World's Most Popular Browser

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frenchy

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2004
Someone needs to win the damn browser war once and for all. Such a pain in the ass to code for all the different browsers out there when building a website.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]bokuden[/nom]Adblock plus and NoScript are the main reasons I stick to Firefox.[/citation]
You are aware that Adblock Plus is available for Chrome aren't you? Chances are NoScript or a similar add on will be available for Chrome soon if it's not already.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]techguy378[/nom]It's too bad that no one else besides Mozilla knows how to create a high quality web browser.[/citation]
And they managed to do this without EU intervention, amazing! Managed to grab majority share based solely on it's technological merit which is how it should be...
I personally still use IE with Firefox installed in the back, because there are still sites that refuse to work with it, mainly work ones that use GSI and client's secure sites, so until the business world it catered for then alternate browsers will never be mainstream. Home users make the most noise in these forums but certainly do not represent the most important base of users from a coding perspective.

sanjsk

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
hihihi, well Chrome works well in its close open speed and same as firefox browsing ability. Im looking forward for chrome browsers in the future since google is the one made it. I hope Bing will compete well with Google.
Dual Action Cleanse

brockh

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007

Do us a favor and spare us in the future your swarmy colon cleansing advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS