Firefox, Safari, Chrome Gain; IE Continues to Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrabbitb

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2006
i'm sticking with firefox from loyalty to their awesomeness thus far. chrome could get me if they hit the news with something interesting enough to try again.

StupidRabbit

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
what?? my beloved opera has only 0.7%?? such a great browser that was one of the first browsers to use tabs and came up with so many features like the "speed-dial" screen and, my favorite, "duplicate tab" that duplicates the tab with the whole history, is on the bottom... ofcourse they messed up with the new skin, but they have an option to turn it to the old one. i hope opera 10 will be more popular.

neodawg

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
I wind up using IE, FF, and Chrome....granted Chrome needs some fine tuning but i like it, FF is a good safe browser, but its terribly slow at opening and page loading, IE is normally what I click by default just because of the almost guaranteed compatablity of it.

I like the picture in the article ;)

Spikke

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
I'm slowly being persuaded to switch back to IE, Microsoft's marketing team are geniuses. If only they had thought to put Vista on that shirt, they wouldn't have to come out with 7 so soon.

runmymouth

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
I only use FF and IE. Some things still only work in IE. Safari crashes on my iphone every 5 minutes and chrome is still too new to be a serious web browser for me.

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
FireFox mostly on my PC and Safari on my Mac, but I use IE for testing our App and have IE Tabs for Firefox on my PC for stuff that doesn't like the Moz Engine.

Greatwalrus

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
I think it's mostly because people are getting tired of having IE pre-installed on their computer. They might feel like they're stuck with it to browse the internet. Then, when Google announced Chrome, ignorant people were like "wow, I have a choice other than IE?" And thus some of them migrated to Chrome.

G

firefox. but i would switch to chrome when they fix the many bugs that it has. opera is good too. i some times use that too.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Opera. Its the fastest, aside from Safari it has some good speed. Its reliable, the Tab and Quicklaunch page are just beautiful. All around excellent Browser. Firefox is ok.. to me its a recolored IE.

TheFace

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
I use FF (3.1 B2) on my mac and my PC. It's fast, stable, and not run on 2/3 of the computers out there. The fact that it's not the most-used web browser brings with it some security associations. (People are less likely to code for a FF exclusive loophole than an IE one just because of user base). I never really got into using Safari, as I was so used to using FF, I installed it right away on my mac. I have IE8 on my pc, but I only use that when I need to, as some websites still only allow that.

I have Opera on my blackberry, as it seems to display certain web pages better than the normal BB web browser. It's cludgy though.

T-Bone

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
Chrome, all the way. FF & IE are way too slow at everything (FF being slightly faster); Safari blows: it crashes way too often. Uninstalled Safari and thinking of removing FF soon. Only use IE when certain sites don't support Chrome (or Chrome has bug); but I always check with FF and it seems that FF also doesn't always support some pages. Let's see what IE 8 has in store but I'll stick with Chrome.

crom

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
Firefox. No contest. There are so many plugins available for it, you can fine tune it for speed, and with the right plugins, its the most secure browser out there. The only time I ever touch IE is for web testing. Even then, I run it virtually.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I use IE mainly (if not only) because it's embedded in Windows. It has its advantages but I do have the feeling that I'm stuck with it. I tried Firefox and I loved it but I just don't like having 2 browsers installed.

Plus, it's only web browsing. As long as it's light and fast and has tab-browsing, it's all I need.

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
I use IE, mostly because I've been using it since 1996 and it's hard to switch. That and the Firefox fanatics bug the cr$p out of me. I don't really have anything else against it though.

thegh0st

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Opera is the best. Opera has everything Firefox has without needing addons - obviously since it has the latest inovations first usually not Firefox. Addons - sm'addons - I will give em that addon's are just a more simple way to do things already possible in Opera but Opera still is the best. Firefox comes in second as my backup - IE is a distant 3rd back only when the other two don't work because of a page's poor coding. IE's third place is pretty much tied with Chrome. Chrome needs to be a lot more customizable but as a browser it does have a very sleek look.

I even use Opera Mini on my cell phone. It is so much better than the standard browsing with cell phones and I'm talking a regular Motorola Razor not a smart phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.