[SOLVED] Firewall - Hardware device

Aug 11, 2019
Need expertise identifying a suitable Hardware firewall device positioned between modem --//— router.. —> input through Ethernet only,,,any ideas...?

Solution
U can buy ready-plugged boxes, like the SonicWalls, sometimes refer to as security appliances,

OR

U can roll you own with freeware Pfsense and others, all u need is an old PC box with 2 NICs.

Anyway u cut it, configuration is necessary, you should already have a feel how to configure a rule based firewall.
U can buy ready-plugged boxes, like the SonicWalls, sometimes refer to as security appliances,

OR

U can roll you own with freeware Pfsense and others, all u need is an old PC box with 2 NICs.

Anyway u cut it, configuration is necessary, you should already have a feel how to configure a rule based firewall.

Solution
Oct 23, 2019
Smaller than a SonicWall? not gonna find it.

The old PC reference is for trial, because everybody have an old box sitting somewhere and free, but sure u can load pfsense on a very small box indeed. Am running mine on THIS.
I am hovering the purchase button on that right now, comaring it to the new Qotom generic chinese pcs running kaby lake with generally almost double the specs of your firewall. I am sort of leaning towards yours...just because theres a lot fo good feedback on it and these qotoms just seem to have popped up and there isnt a ton of info i can find on them