First 3D Vision Notebook Arrives Next Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
I'm allowed to post in the news comments right? Anyone else worried that a G92 might struggle with stereoscopic mode at the LCD's native resolution? :p

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]cangelini[/nom]I'm allowed to post in the news comments right? Anyone else worried that a G92 might struggle with stereoscopic mode at the LCD's native resolution? :p[/citation]

Hmmmm I'm not sure. Asus has other 15 inch laptops(without 3d) running full hd resolution with that same gpu. I guess I expected the lower 1366x768 resolution to account for the performance hit using the 3d technology. I don't have much experience with the 260m, but my guess is that it will suffice for a good number of titles. Of course people shouldn't expect to maintain the golden 60 fps.

G

i believe this is the "air" that nvidia needs in this moment... physx and 3d vision are the only thing that nvidia has that can compete with ati's directx 11 and eyefinity... till next year

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
[citation][nom]cangelini[/nom]I'm allowed to post in the news comments right? Anyone else worried that a G92 might struggle with stereoscopic mode at the LCD's native resolution? :p[/citation]
I don't see it either even at 1366x768 low HD that G92 aka 9600 GPU is going to struggle to maintain high framerates on many new games. A 280GTXm, aka the 9800 would have done a better job. Also, 1.6Ghz on the CPU? I don't care if its an i7, hyperthreading is not going to help gaming out and the low Mhz are going to hurt.

greasydan

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
[citation][nom]bfstev[/nom]any kind of ballpark estimate on the price range?[/citation]

From the original Press Release, "The introductory MSRP is $1699.99 USD."

I am wondering if a higher resolution will be available with 3D off.

Status
Not open for further replies.