Question First aio pump general questions - ticking noise, alignment.

Apr 7, 2023
I've a new Corsair 240mm H100 RGB installed on an i5-13500, top exhaust mounted in a Coolermaster TD300Mesh mATX. Pumps connected to AIO header, rad fans to CPU header - set to constant max speed. MB is an Asus B760m D4 WiFi.

I'm aware of the need for the pump to be below the rad, air bubble accumulation etc.

Due to limited available space, and to avoid the tubes laying against the GPU backplate, I've set the pump with the barbs facing up.

7iyz4ur.jpg

There's no problem with performance. Idle temps are about 35°, 3DMark CPU, CPU-Z benching temps spike 53° max and it's very quiet except..

With the case panel removed there's the normal soft 'buzzing' heard at around 30cm distance, however above that at 50cm away there's a small, almost scratchy noise, then closer a constant clicking - just like a CD skipping every second which increases in tempo commensurately under load. (I've disabled all fans to isolate this)

Doesn't bother me with the panel on, but thought I'd ask if this is anything to do with pump tubes north, air bubbles that need case tilting, something more or simply ignore.

I was also curious how to tell which tube is the one pulling cooled water from the rad to the pump. I can't tell from trying to feel heat, but one is vibrating considerably more than the other, would this be the one?

I'd bet that it is due to orientation of the block and what you're feeling vibration wise is likely the flow from the block to the rad. Personally I wouldn't leave it like that as it's just asking for performance and sound issues, but I don't think it's likely to kill your AIO.

Apr 7, 2023
I'd bet that it is due to orientation of the block and what you're feeling vibration wise is likely the flow from the block to the rad. Personally I wouldn't leave it like that as it's just asking for performance and sound issues, but I don't think it's likely to kill your AIO.
Yeah, thanks mate . I'll turn it anti-clockwise for the splayed octopus look and see how it goes.

Reactions: thestryker

TRENDING THREADS