First Android Netbook Costs Just $100

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I kinda thought this was just a piece of junk. But thinking about it, it may have a purpose. It may not have a built in sata controller, and it's questionable if it really has an adsl modem built in, but with 2 usb ports, one could hope for the option to attach a 2.5" harddrive via the two usb plugs and use it as a car audio system instead of the piece of junk it actually is.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]sublifer[/nom]TouchPad =? Touchscreen? Its okay Jane... a lot of us have read into things when we wanted something really bad. Mistakes happen.[/citation]

I figure along with the fact that they list a "better" instead of a battery, as well as the pictures showing it off as a tablet, assuming they meant touchscreen is a fair jump to make but I'll be the first to admit defeat if it's all some kind of cruel joke. I promise! :)

[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]I kinda thought this was just a piece of junk. But thinking about it, it may have a purpose. It may not have a built in sata controller, and it's questionable if it really has an adsl modem built in, but with 2 usb ports, one could hope for the option to attach a 2.5" harddrive via the two usb plugs and use it as a car audio system instead of the piece of junk it actually is.[/citation]

Don't forget it's also got an SD slot if you're looking to add more space...

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Ye an sd slot for up to 4gb .... that means the card reader is even older than the sdhc standard ... which in turns means it's so slow it'd be foolish to even consider. If anything they should've added a 32gb cf card to the mix for storage.

barturtle

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]Ye an sd slot for up to 4gb .... that means the card reader is even older than the sdhc standard ... which in turns means it's so slow it'd be foolish to even consider. If anything they should've added a 32gb cf card to the mix for storage.[/citation]

Um, no...the SSD is up to 4GB, the card reader spec says:

SD/MMC card slot ( support SDHC)

Now I wonder if that slot supports SDIO.

[citation][nom]afrobacon[/nom]This thing sounds cool; and the picture frame idea seems even better...[/citation]
Exactly. In the end' it's only about $40-50 more than a digital picture frame. Wish the resolution was a higher, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.