First Boot Always Crashes

eyyChill

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015
Hey guys, so I have been having this problem for a long time, and I think it's finally time I start dealing with the problems on my PC.

Every time I start up my PC after turning it off (this only happens after a few hours) and turn it back on, I will get a blue screen and an error (it rotates between 3-5 different errors). It will go through the "we're diagnosing this problem" percentages and once it turns back off, I turn it on and it works just fine.

Does anyone know why this happens? I can give you guys one of the error notices if needed.

Thanks to everyone who helps!

Solution

Here:
e3khmtovw4q00ntfvakn.png

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
I used to have a similar error with my computer.. where it could always crash during the first boot but the second time always worked. I pinpointed the problem with Windows 10 Fast Boot setting on my computer, which uses hibernate (which I have turned off).

eyyChill

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015

Sorry, where can I turn off this setting? In the BIOS?

SBMfromLA

Distinguished

Here:
e3khmtovw4q00ntfvakn.png

Solution

eyyChill

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015

I got to the power options but I don't see where to go... Am I missing something?

NEVERMIND... Found it. Thank you so much!

make sure your mb bios is up to date. make sure the ram set to xmp profile or correct speed. if not it may cause windows to crash intell the mb sets it right. if it an older pc make sure the cmos battery is fine and date and bios settings are holding.