First Build CPU

OaklandA-FTW

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
:::pLEASE CHIME IN:::
Building my first PC after doing some lengthy research on how to do it. As I'm doing it mainly for fun, the experience, and some medium-level gaming, I'm having a hard time deciding on which motherboard/CPU combination to go with. I've already purchased a full size ATX case and decided on the (low-power) GeForce 750ti/ or Radeon 260 variant for a passable graphics solution as the price is right ($130-$160). I'm looking at 3 CPU options to fit my budget: (1) AMD FX-6300 (possible overclock) - seems to be a popular budget gaming CPU, (2) one of the Haswell i3 CPU's (for transitioning to an i5/7 down the line), (3) or grabbing one of the new cheapo "Pentiums" and overclocking the crap out of it (>4Ghz?!). Obviously I just want the best value. <$70 mobo, <$130-150 CPU ideally. I'm reading AMD cores are less powerful and simply inefficient compared to their Intel counterparts, however they offer more multi-thread power for less money. I also don't want to bottleneck my mild GPU. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.