Question First build, power button unresponsive and blinking Aorus logo on MOBO

Laundrysaucc

Commendable
Aug 31, 2020
I'm building my first pc and after carefully putting the computer together me and my boyfriend go to test it to see if it will even power on before worrying about anything else, and the only sign of life is the blinking Aorus logo on my motherboard when I switch on my power supply, pressing the power button does nothing. Nothing else is lighting up, making sound, or moving and I'm very confused as to what the problem is. In the picture shown the computer has the power supply turned on and the only thing blinking or doing anything is the logo circled. I'm also fairly certain that all of my connections are correct and connected properly. The manual doesn't include any troubleshooting info and I've not been able to find anyone experiencing the same issues.

Another problem I've come across with this motherboard is that it is very hard to unplug things once they have been plugged in. My dad was also trying to help us figure out what the problem was since he used to build computers as well but we were not able to unplug the 24 pin as well as a few other components which has stopped us from trying to isolate different parts and see what the issue is. I've read a few posts saying this particular motherboard has a higher than average DOA rate and I'm starting to suspect that my motherboard is probably the issue but I would appreciate any info or advice that anyone can offer :)!

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory

Storage: ADATA SU635 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB Video Card

Case: Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh White w/ Controller ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Laundrysaucc

Commendable
Aug 31, 2020
I'm at work and imgur is blocked.

Are you sure you correctly connected your case connections to the front panel header?

Page 19 of your manual
My case is kind of weird because it has a fan splitter connected to the fan RGB controls and it has you plug the power switch cable into the fan splitter/RGB control, but I just tried plugging it into the front panel header instead of that and it still did not work.

Laundrysaucc

Commendable
Aug 31, 2020
I planned on trying that tomorrow, I also was going to try and start it with just the cpu ram motherboard and power supply to see if it could be my case or GPU that's giving me issues (everything is new except the GPU which I got used from a friend). Is there any tests I can do to see if the motherboard is the broken component in my computer? Looking at more posts relating to my motherboard I have a feeling that it is the one that is broken.

I planned on trying that tomorrow, I also was going to try and start it with just the cpu ram motherboard and power supply to see if it could be my case or GPU that's giving me issues (everything is new except the GPU which I got used from a friend). Is there any tests I can do to see if the motherboard is the broken component in my computer? Looking at more posts relating to my motherboard I have a feeling that it is the one that is broken.
That sounds like a good plan.

I'm not familiar with any test that can isolate your issue specifically to the motherboard. Hopefully other will chime in with their knowledge.

Do you have both the 8-pin and 6-pin connectors connected between the GPU and PSU?

Oct 15, 2020
Hello, have you found the solution yet? I just randomly got exactly the same issue on a system that's been working fine for well over a year.

Thanks!

Laundrysaucc

Commendable
Aug 31, 2020
Hello, have you found the solution yet? I just randomly got exactly the same issue on a system that's been working fine for well over a year.

Thanks!
I don't know if this would help you but I ended up taking the entire thing apart and putting it back together and it turned on. On my MOBO the logo was flashing very faintly and you could hardly see it in a lit room. I had another issue with it later and I don't know if this had anything to do with this problem (I imagine it didn't but the extra info couldn't hurt), but one of my ram sticks also came damaged. I think although all of my power supply connections looked and felt super secure, I think unplugging and re-plugging back in all the different PSU connections couldn't hurt. Maybe your PSU has gone bad?

Oct 15, 2020
I don't know if this would help you but I ended up taking the entire thing apart and putting it back together and it turned on. On my MOBO the logo was flashing very faintly and you could hardly see it in a lit room. I had another issue with it later and I don't know if this had anything to do with this problem (I imagine it didn't but the extra info couldn't hurt), but one of my ram sticks also came damaged. I think although all of my power supply connections looked and felt super secure, I think unplugging and re-plugging back in all the different PSU connections couldn't hurt. Maybe your PSU has gone bad?

Thanks for your reply but my issue turned out to be completely different - even though my mobo did exactly the same thing you describe.

If someone finds this in the future - my issue was faulty USB device I connected before turning on my PC and it blocked it from powering up.. I only found out about this after I connected everything to my laptop - the faulty device was the last thing of course.. I got windows error saying something like "this device wanted more power than the USB can supply and that the port is disabled".. After this message I tried to power up the PC and it worked.

Laundrysaucc

Commendable
Aug 31, 2020
Thanks for your reply but my issue turned out to be completely different - even though my mobo did exactly the same thing you describe.

If someone finds this in the future - my issue was faulty USB device I connected before turning on my PC and it blocked it from powering up.. I only found out about this after I connected everything to my laptop - the faulty device was the last thing of course.. I got windows error saying something like "this device wanted more power than the USB can supply and that the port is disabled".. After this message I tried to power up the PC and it worked.
I'm glad you got it figured out!

TRENDING THREADS