[SOLVED] First Computer Problems

Sep 5, 2019
So I built my PC and everything fit together perfectly. But when I turn it on, the fans, lights and every turn on besides the monitor. Everything seems to work besides the boot. I'm not sure exactly what else to do. A friend told me it may an incompatibility issue, or that the bios might not be updated to use the CPU or GPU. But I'm fairly new to PC building so I'm a bit lost.
My part list is:
Asus Prime x570 Motherboard
Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
MSI Radeon RX 5700
Corsair Vengeance 2 8GB RAM
EVGA Supernova 750 G3 PSU
NZXT H500i Case
Edit: I have a friend who lent me a Ryzen 5 2600 CPU to try out but it didn't work. And I also had another friend let me use a Geoforce GTX 1060 to replace the GPU to no avail.

Last edited:
Solution
Hmm. I know this is stupid but make sure the monitor is on and nothing is loose on the gpu or monitor. I had an instance where I went and bought another hdmi cable thinking mine wasn't working only to find out my cable just needed a little nudge.

As for other things to try...
  • Use a different monitor. (and cables)
  • Ensure RAM is seated correctly
  • Make sure the GPU is seated correctly and powering up
  • Check your cpu cooler
  • The last thing I'd check would be the motherboard and cpu. Keep in mind you'll have to reapply thermal paste if you remove your cooler.

MunchyHam

Reputable
Oct 20, 2015
Hmm. I know this is stupid but make sure the monitor is on and nothing is loose on the gpu or monitor. I had an instance where I went and bought another hdmi cable thinking mine wasn't working only to find out my cable just needed a little nudge.

As for other things to try...
  • Use a different monitor. (and cables)
  • Ensure RAM is seated correctly
  • Make sure the GPU is seated correctly and powering up
  • Check your cpu cooler
  • The last thing I'd check would be the motherboard and cpu. Keep in mind you'll have to reapply thermal paste if you remove your cooler.

Solution