Sep 6, 2020
First Ever PC Build - Help!
First PC Build
Greetings everybody, I'm Mfierro13.
The Following is my first budget build, costing me around 900$ USD in my country.
I would gladly take any advice/criticism for my choices, as I just learned all I know about PCs and building them during the last 3 days, via youtube primarily, and been choosing the items to fit in my budget based on that same method.
Each category speaks for itself, meaning that the average money spent in said category is the "budget" for that category +/- 20%.
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/mfierro13/saved/#view=dZWfvK
(Case / power supply / cooling / are different in this list because Pcpartpicker didn't had them)

Processor: Ryzen 5 2600 (110 usd)
Cooling: Wraith Prism (50usd)
VideoCard: GTX 1660 Ti (230 usd)
MotherBoard: B450M-A/CSM (105 usd)
Ram: 2x8gb Adata D30 3000mhz (90 usd)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1tb (55 usd)
SSD Hard Drive: Kingston A400 480gb (65 usd)
Power Supply: PSAZ 550w (80 bronze rating) (60 usd)
Fans: Aigo DarkFlash DR-12 (5 of them) (55 usd)
PC Case: (50 usd) The following link is the specs of my pc case
https://img.sohoopc.cn/upload/201703/1490797133826081.jpg

So, my main worries at the moment are
  1. Will be a tight fit for my build in that pc case?
  2. Is a 550w power supply enough to power all this bulid?
  3. Are my current hardware choices allright?
  4. MOST IMPORTANTLY, what display should I get to maximize my gaming experience with a 250 usd budget? What characteristics should I prioritize with this build in mind? (Size / Hz / Refresh Rate / Resolution / Etc ... )

Thanks for reading! :)

Solution
  1. Doesn't really matter if it's tight or not, if it fits, it fits, if it doesn't, that's different.
  2. 550w is plenty, good size for that usage, but that Azza Psaz is an old design, and not a good one at that, my 8 year old Seasonic 520w had better outputs and a better warranty. 2 years on a new unit is attrociously low and shows you exactly how much faith the company has in its products. It'll work, your load is low enough, but it's a very poor excuse for a psu.
  3. Decently balanced, the build itself is well thought out, apart from the psu choice in quality.
  4. Monitors are a personal decision. I much prefer to run dual monitors, game on one and have discord, maps, Google etc open on the other. Just makes life so much easier. For...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
  1. Doesn't really matter if it's tight or not, if it fits, it fits, if it doesn't, that's different.
  2. 550w is plenty, good size for that usage, but that Azza Psaz is an old design, and not a good one at that, my 8 year old Seasonic 520w had better outputs and a better warranty. 2 years on a new unit is attrociously low and shows you exactly how much faith the company has in its products. It'll work, your load is low enough, but it's a very poor excuse for a psu.
  3. Decently balanced, the build itself is well thought out, apart from the psu choice in quality.
  4. Monitors are a personal decision. I much prefer to run dual monitors, game on one and have discord, maps, Google etc open on the other. Just makes life so much easier. For that gpu, stick with 1080p resolution, size is upto you as 1080p at 15" is exactly the same as 1080p at 70", all 1080p and same pixel count. So choose the size to fit your application, if at a desk with little space, then 24" is about as large as you'll want, if you sit way back then 27" is OK. If you sit 10feet away, a 55" TV is fine...
60Hz to 120Hz. You could try a 144Hz monitor (if you get a deal on it) but very few games will be maximized without lowering detail settings to bump fps output from the gpu.

Reactions: Mfierro13
Solution
Sep 6, 2020
  4. Monitors are a personal decision. I much prefer to run dual monitors, game on one and have discord, maps, Google etc open on the other. Just makes life so much easier. For that gpu, stick with 1080p resolution, size is upto you as 1080p at 15" is exactly the same as 1080p at 70", all 1080p and same pixel count. So choose the size to fit your application, if at a desk with little space, then 24" is about as large as you'll want, if you sit way back then 27" is OK. If you sit 10feet away, a 55" TV is fine...
60Hz to 120Hz. You could try a 144Hz monitor (if you get a deal on it) but very few games will be maximized without lowering detail settings to bump fps output from the gpu.

I will look into other power supplies available in my country (Chile); due to Covid-19 the computer parts supply is on the low.

Thanks for the monitor advice, will take all you said into account. Probably will got for a 24" and a cheap secondary monitor for google, etc.

dimtodim

Reputable
First Ever PC Build - Help!
First PC Build
Greetings everybody, I'm Mfierro13.
The Following is my first budget build, costing me around 900$ USD in my country.
I would gladly take any advice/criticism for my choices, as I just learned all I know about PCs and building them during the last 3 days, via youtube primarily, and been choosing the items to fit in my budget based on that same method.
Each category speaks for itself, meaning that the average money spent in said category is the "budget" for that category +/- 20%.
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/mfierro13/saved/#view=dZWfvK
(Case / power supply / cooling / are different in this list because Pcpartpicker didn't had them)

Processor: Ryzen 5 2600 (110 usd)
Cooling: Wraith Prism (50usd)
VideoCard: GTX 1660 Ti (230 usd)
MotherBoard: B450M-A/CSM (105 usd)
Ram: 2x8gb Adata D30 3000mhz (90 usd)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1tb (55 usd)
SSD Hard Drive: Kingston A400 480gb (65 usd)
Power Supply: PSAZ 550w (80 bronze rating) (60 usd)
Fans: Aigo DarkFlash DR-12 (5 of them) (55 usd)
PC Case: (50 usd) The following link is the specs of my pc case
https://img.sohoopc.cn/upload/201703/1490797133826081.jpg

So, my main worries at the moment are
  1. Will be a tight fit for my build in that pc case?
  2. Is a 550w power supply enough to power all this bulid?
  3. Are my current hardware choices allright?
  4. MOST IMPORTANTLY, what display should I get to maximize my gaming experience with a 250 usd budget? What characteristics should I prioritize with this build in mind? (Size / Hz / Refresh Rate / Resolution / Etc ... )
Thanks for reading! :)
i cant understand u spend 60$ for psu and 55$ on flashy fans...i think u need more power check in https://pcpartpicker.com/ all components and see estimated wattage that value multiply with 1.6 or 1.7 and u will get value of optimal psu..

TRENDING THREADS