FIRST LOOK OF AM2 MOTHERBOARD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Wow, data, you responded in true ******* fashion, thank you for proving my point. And at no time did I say "you said these exactly", those are what is known as "approximation quotes", it's when you're quoting somebody to what that person really meant when they said sed quote (understand what I said?). As I said before, you're an interesting character.

P.S. "******" implies nothing, I simply enjoy typing asteriks...
P.S.2. I feel free to correct all of your posts...if only I could hit "edit"..darn...
P.S.3. If you're quoting a website, say "according to blahblah website", not "OEM's don't have the CPU's", that's using a manner depicting that you know for a fact, which no website knows anything for a fact (it's all an illusion o_O).

And uhm, what's "fun" about your posts? /me searches deep inside to find the laughter...

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

endyen

Splendid
In defense of LC Data, he is one of the brighter Intel fanboys we see these days.
His mind may be shut now, but from time to time, it does seem that it may open some day.

joset

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
Well, on what regards (in)coherence, you replied to the wrong 'poster'...

I guess that, one way or the other, WE all try to shine here & use our dusty-rusty glamour to grab attentions; that's not a prob, in itself, and it makes threads like this even more interesting... as long as some objectivity is not lost in the middle.
Sure, sometimes we're compelled to put forward our opinions a little over the edge... as if we owned the whole truth. As a consequence, two kinds of trends bifurcate: one is left "in the dust", not knowing enough to argue coherently; the other, knowing just the sufficient to seem arrogant. The rest, stands in a sort of "limbo" (where i belong, if you ask...). Either way, it's fine, because it enriches the debate.

Marketing-related comments is almost one's able to debate in this thread, since it appears that no-one has a clue about the next AMD CPUs.

What about the MSI board? Can you infer anything about the (first?) AMD M2 socket implementation? Is it worth it? After all, it's only a socket + (nVIDIA's) chip shift, or is it?

Cheers!

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Nah Chief, and didn't say I did. Simply posting that after seeing so many posts by commander, everybody seems to be buying what he's saying, which seems to be grade A beef-steak. How do I know he's not telling truth about the recent events? Because in the past he has said things to be BS. And no, I will not restate them here because I am too lazy....and too cool 8) .

Oh and chief, if these "forumz" had a button that said "post" and not "reply to a specific person to post", that would be great. Thanks for noticing, have a grand day chap! :D

ltcommander_data

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2004
I'll take your advice and specifically mention the author of the article in my sentences. The reason I don't usually do that is that it's cumbersome and I would think that providing the link and direct quotation of the information I'm using right above the paragraph that I'm using it in would be enough for the average user to draw the connections.

If you don't feel I can argue with articles others submit, like lawyers can argue over evidence in a court room, then there's not much I can do to change your opinion. For technical arguments, I usually draw from more articles anyways, but that's more difficult when we're debating over news. Websites like The Register, The Inquirer, Xbit Labs, etc. usually quote from one another anyways so it ends up being virtually one source when we're talking about the news.

Like I said, feel free to decry my opinions as arrogant lies while I debate with others any time you want. Based on your P.S.2., no doubt you will.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
I sense you're trying to use your "professional talk" to insult me, good job mate. And for the "register, inquirer, blah blah being the same", you're right, they're all the same, and that same is all W R O N G. Hope this opens your mind to other real websites (can't think of any, not sure if they exist). I don't believe websites for their information, I test products myself or go on what my friends or co-workers say, and there are quite a lot of them so I can test alot of products personally vs. reading a website saying "the 7800 ultra will come next after 7800GTX!" P.S., this quote is from your famed "The Inquirer".

ltcommander_data

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2004
I test products myself or go on what my friends or co-workers say, and there are quite a lot of them so I can test alot of products personally
This may be the heart of our disagreement. I agree with what you are saying completely. The problem is, what Bullshitter and I were debating in this thread was a product that hasn't been released. In most cases, when I've talked about architecture, it has likewise been about processors that haven't been realised, therefore there is no way I could use personal experience to prove something. That is why we use other websites, which may or may not be reliable. You may wonder what is the point of debating something that isn't released yet, but I find it interesting and I'm pretty sure Bullshitter does too.

The other case where I use other websites benchmark results is when I'm providing advice to someone's problems or buying information request. The websites may not be the most reliable, but people would probably trust the website's which is more thoroughly described than the benchmarks of a strangers. I would of course give my personal experience if it's relevent.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
I don't know how to say this as I've tried before, so I will just say it...I don't like you...simple as that...it's no big conspiracy or effort on your part or my part, it's simply that I don't like you, and maybe I should have saved us the posts and said it in the beginning, but maybe you learned something from the posts, maybe I did too...o well, let's declare this thread officially dead, since nobody is posting about the topic anymore.

joset

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
"I know people may not care much for my opinion" when, what really matters here, is the quality of the posts.

I wrote that!

If you're going into an endless trickle between yourselves, i'm outta here!

joset

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
"I know people may not care much for my opinion" when, what really matters here, is the quality of the posts.

I wrote that!

If you're going into an endless trickle between yourselves, i'm outta here!

rettihSlluB

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2005
It_Commander:

The problem with you is that you're the typical arrogant intel fanboy that fights with everyone (with polite words) that tries to refute the opposite of what you've said.

Whenever you say something good about Intel, everyone admires your writing skills and agree with your replies, but as long as someone try to post something good about AMD, you're always on their ass posting negative or sarcastic coments even knowing that "sometimes" you're wrong.

You might be very knowledgeable about Intel in all aspects (and I respect that), but you aren't with AMD. You can't serve two lords at the same time. :wink:

Now, let's get back to topic or make the topic die here.

Imgnryflagdotcom

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
wow... stop arguing people

Anyways... back on topic. Anyone have any idea (I don't care if you think, or if youre sure, just answer me) if MSI will be the only manufacturer releasing an AM2 Mobo when the socket is released. I'm planning to build an AM2 rig sometime this summer and would like to be the proud owner of a new DFI AM2 board with a nVidia C51XE chipset.

rettihSlluB

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2005
I guess everyone is working hard to finish their boards in time (this includes Asus, ABit, DFI, etc), but until now, MSI is the first vendor to show their finished AM2 board.

jokersgrin

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2005
well said there 3M, you have proven yourself as a true "ARSE"
If "ARSE's" could fly your home would be the airport.

Pounceing on anyone for and EDUCATED opinion is showing everyone here that your a little kid with a chip on your shoulder. Your signture is futher proof of the fact that you THINK you can pimp! I.E. while you sit there typeing trash with no women in sight, just a bottle jergans/tissue and ROSEie and the five sisters to compansate for your inaquatices.

Small minds need not reply, so please post else where.