Aug 10, 2020
Hello everyone !

I just built a brand new PC
1660Ti GTX
AMD Ryzen 7 5700
Tomahawk B450 max 2 Mobo
2 8gb ram sticks
Corsair VS650 PSU
I have fans installed and cpu cooler as well. Everytime I boot everything turns on and looks functional, the GPU fan spins too, however I get no signal on my monitor.... And it's so frustrating because I don't know what to do. Everyone mentions resit ram sticks , but I've done it like 8 times. Both sticks are D4 and according to the instructions, my Mobo supports it. Perhaps it's my PSU I don't know.... It's still like 3 years old which isn't dated at this point if I'm correct. Please gods of PC hardware help man.

D

Deleted member 362816

Jesus thank you so much for answering ! Thank you for the link too, but here's the thing I can't see the bios menu because I get no signal on my monitor :( or am I just dumb and missing something here ?

Watch that view or google your motherboard and bios flash without cpu. If this motherboard does not support this you will have to borrow a older cpu to flash the bios or you can.

Short Term Processor Loan Boot Kit
AMD will offer affected and qualified users (as described below) an AMD Athlon 200GE Processor, including thermal solution, for short-term use ("boot kit") to perform the BIOS update on their motherboard.
This short-term processor loan or boot kit is offered through AMD warranty services and is available only for qualified users that:
  1. Have made a valid purchase of a 3rd Gen Ryzen™ Desktop Processor and;
  2. Are unable to boot that processor because the user’s current X470/B450 BIOS must be upgraded first.
This service is free of charge with the following condition:
Once you have submitted your claim for a processor loan boot kit, AMD will require pictures of your 3rd Gen Ryzen™ Desktop Processor and AMD Socket AM4 400 Series motherboard, which clearly shows the model numbers and unique serial numbers as well as a copy of the purchase invoice(s) to authorize the request. Additionally, a summary or copy of communication with the motherboard manufacturer is requested to indicate why support from the Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) is not suitable.
Once the RMA request is approved, the AMD Athlon 200GE processor will be sent with pre-paid return shipping. The processor is provided as a temporary loan to you for the sole purpose of updating the BIOS and must be returned within 10 business days of receipt. It is not necessary to return the provided thermal solution.
To obtain the boot kit, please carefully follow these instructions:
  1. Go to the AMD online warranty claims page: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form
  2. Fill in your full contact and product details (3rd Gen Ryzen Processor OPN number and serial number)
  3. In the Problem Description field enter "Boot kit Required" (without quotes)
NOTE: The product must be a valid AMD processor with authentic OPN and serial number.
Once the claim is received and approved, confirmation details and boot kit instructions will be provided in a follow up email.

D

Deleted member 362816

I am pretty sure Tomahawk B450 max 2 can use the bios flash button to update the bios with no CPU installed. Just read the manual as this differs from board to board. But I am pretty sure the video I shared tells you how to do this.

Jesus thank you so much for answering ! Thank you for the link too, but here's the thing I can't see the bios menu because I get no signal on my monitor :( or am I just dumb and missing something here ?

You will either need to use M-Flash.. meaning you download the new bios onto a USB drive from a different pc then plug the USB drive into the proper USB port on the Tomahawk to initiate the bios flashing utility. Here is a decently short video explaining how to do it.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5yq0cqhXeo

If for some odd reason this doesnt work, you would need to either borrow (sometimes hard or impossible) or buy a cpu that works on the mobo to update the bios. However, in my experience, the M-flash usually doesnt have issues so you should be fine to use it.

T0xicsaurus

Commendable
Aug 10, 2020
You will either need to use M-Flash.. meaning you download the new bios onto a USB drive from a different pc then plug the USB drive into the proper USB port on the Tomahawk to initiate the bios flashing utility. Here is a decently short video explaining how to do it.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5yq0cqhXeo

If for some odd reason this doesnt work, you would need to either borrow (sometimes hard or impossible) or buy a cpu that works on the mobo to update the bios. However, in my experience, the M-flash usually doesnt have issues so you should be fine to use it.

Kk so maybe it's because I have my mobo inside the case and not out, but I'm hitting the bios flash button and nothing is happening... I held it for 4 seconds and nothing. I feel I would have see the red light glow, but maybe I'll just take it out idk.
Update: ok so I accidentally forgot to plug in the power supply lol... But now it's working, the issue is that with the usb and me pressing the button, the led only blinks for 3 seconds and stops. It doesn't do the update :/

Last edited: