[SOLVED] First time build - feedback much appreciated

Nov 6, 2020
First time using the forums here so I hope this is all good. And sorry for the long, drawn-out post, wasn't sure if I should include all of it but ended up just pressing post. XD

---

Approximate Purchase Date: waiting on Black Friday sales (am hopeful prices will go down somewhat, fingers crossed), so possibly end of November/early December

Budget Range: I am ready to compromise; but ideally no higher than 1300$ before rebates as I still have to buy a monitor, keyboard, Windows 10, possibly a new mouse, etc.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: mostly casual gaming

Are you buying a monitor: Yes (although still not sure which one yet; don't really care about super high quality, mostly looking for affordable)

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: open to anything decent really, though preferably something with free shipping to Canada, newegg.ca, canadacomputers.com, walmart.ca, staples.ca, amazon.ca, etc.

Parts Preferences: I've only ever used NVDIA and Intel (albeit in laptop form), but I was recommended the AMD CPU which I went with.

Overclocking: Maybe? Yes?

SLI or Crossfire: No idea

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Not too picky, just looking for a medium/high-end PC that will last me a while (since I'm not too keen on upgrading constantly) with smooth FPS and graphics on the higher end (I'm okay with high and a few ultras, or playing around with the settings to get 60 FPS). I would say my most demanding game is ARK: Survival Evolved, though I do have some other ones like Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Stellaris, etc. Not sure what the rules are about posting links to Steam profiles, but I can link it if you need a better idea of what games I play.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: My Asus G551JW laptop (Intel Core i7-4720HQ, Nvidia GTX 960M, etc.) is getting to be 5-6 years old now, is making some weird noises and I'm scared it's going to let go in the near future, so preparing for that eventuality. I prefer laptops for their portability, but if I get a desktop PC I can have both portability (my old laptop) and power/efficiency/upgradability.

---

Here is my first desktop build that I've put together. No idea if it's well put together or not, but looking for any input, improvements, and (hopefully) price reduction suggestions.

https://newegg.io/a61d946

List of parts:
Other parts I was looking at that were replaced with the ones I picked above:
---

*I was looking to replace the B550M-A/CSM motherboard with the B450M-A motherboard, but for some reason it won't show up on the newegg.ca PC Builder tool, only in the store itself. That would save me a bit of money and from what I heard the B450 is compatible with the Ryzen 5 3600, so not sure why it won't let me.

Another thing is, right now I have a 2TB SSHD, which I now realize is worthless and it's almost full (though full of junk). This makes me feel like I should probably go with a 2TB SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series, but that price tag is scary (even though I could permit myself to buy one - I'm just cheap lol).

I didn't realize Windows 10 was so expensive (relatively)... Does it ever go on sale? Maybe on Black Friday?

I've fallen in love with the Redragon K502 RGB Gaming Keyboard and it's super affordable so I'm positive I'm gonna go with that keyboard. Might even buy a mouse from the same company.

And finally, in terms of monitor, I have no idea what I'm trying to choose. I just want something comparable to the visuals I have now with the Asus G551JW laptop screen; I have no need for 1440p or fancy RGB monitors or curved monitors or whatever. A 20-minute Google search yielded the 140$ ASUS VP228HE 21.5” Full HD 1920x1080 Monitor. I'll have to research some more, but it seems fine. Any suggestions for monitors?

---

TLDR: Is this a decent first-time build? Any feedback/suggestions/tips?

Solution
You might get Windows license cheap on Black Friday. Here's some other ways...
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/get-windows-10-free-or-cheap,5717.html
You can even activate it later, shouldn't be any performance issue.

Modified with better parts...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor | $268.50 @ shopRBC
Motherboard | MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard | $149.50 @ Vuugo
Memory | Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory | $102.99 @ Newegg Canada
Storage | Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | $125.99 @ Newegg Canada
Video Card | Asus...
You might get Windows license cheap on Black Friday. Here's some other ways...
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/get-windows-10-free-or-cheap,5717.html
You can even activate it later, shouldn't be any performance issue.

Modified with better parts...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor | $268.50 @ shopRBC
Motherboard | MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard | $149.50 @ Vuugo
Memory | Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory | $102.99 @ Newegg Canada
Storage | Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | $125.99 @ Newegg Canada
Video Card | Asus GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB Phoenix Fan Video Card | $419.50 @ Vuugo
Case | Phanteks Eclipse P300 ATX Mid Tower Case | $79.99 @ Newegg Canada
Power Supply | Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply | $94.99 @ Canada Computers
Monitor | AOC C24G1 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor | $239.99 @ Amazon Canada
Keyboard | Redragon Karura K502 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard | $35.99 @ Amazon Canada
Mouse | Redragon M602 Wired Optical Mouse | $25.99 @ Amazon Canada
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $1543.43
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-06 06:48 EST-0500 |

Solution