Build Advice First time build, which parts should i pick for ~$700?

Phil Holm

Commendable
Feb 26, 2022
Hello, my friend is planning to make his very first build and asked me for my help. His total budget is around 70,000tk which is around 700usd. He wants to make a gaming(rdr2, dead by daylight etc) + productivity (youtube, maybe 3d rendering etc). I was wondering if he should get a high refresh rate 1080p setup or a budget 1440p setup? (the monitor budget is outside the 700$ budget). Would 1440p be too much for a beginner? The other parts i selected for him are the ryzen 5 5600, 16gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, 1tb nvme ssd, psu will be around 500-650w, but im thinking of getting the thermaltake smart bm2 550w.

Now the problem is, he wants to buy a new gpu. And gpu prices are still kinda high in my country, the new gpus in his budget are the rx6600, arc a750, and uh the rtx 3050.

on the used market the best nvidia card i found was the 3060 12gb. Other than that i found a used 6600xt in his budget. Everything else is outside his budget.
He does not plan to get any major upgrade in the next 5 years atleast.

TLDR: Gaming + productivity build, need to choose a gpu between rx 6600, arc a750, or should i go for something used? Also is 1440p gaming possible?

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
RTX 3060 12GB is the better all around GPU. Higher bandwidth, larger memory pool. So any GPU accelerated task will benefit. Solely gaming, I would lean towards a new RX6600 and a 1080p display. 6600XT is a decent card as well, depends on the pricing.

A750 is only really good for someone who is experienced with troubleshooting and able to deal with Intel's first dive into gaming focused drivers.

Never cheap out on the power supply. Most vital component and is the difference between a long lasting stable system and chasing random crashes and bugs or risk your hardware dying when the PSU dies. Aim for a gold rated 650W PSU for some longevity. You want to seek out something with at least a 7 year warranty, if not 10 year.

Thermaltake Smart PSUs are generally to be avoided. Their higher end offerings are fine though.

Hello, my friend is planning to make his very first build and asked me for my help. His total budget is around 70,000tk which is around 700usd. He wants to make a gaming(rdr2, dead by daylight etc) + productivity (youtube, maybe 3d rendering etc). I was wondering if he should get a high refresh rate 1080p setup or a budget 1440p setup? (the monitor budget is outside the 700$ budget). Would 1440p be too much for a beginner? The other parts i selected for him are the ryzen 5 5600, 16gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, 1tb nvme ssd, psu will be around 500-650w, but im thinking of getting the thermaltake smart bm2 550w.

Now the problem is, he wants to buy a new gpu. And gpu prices are still kinda high in my country, the new gpus in his budget are the rx6600, arc a750, and uh the rtx 3050.

on the used market the best nvidia card i found was the 3060 12gb. Other than that i found a used 6600xt in his budget. Everything else is outside his budget.
He does not plan to get any major upgrade in the next 5 years atleast.

TLDR: Gaming + productivity build, need to choose a gpu between rx 6600, arc a750, or should i go for something used? Also is 1440p gaming possible?
How much is he spending for the Monitor. Because he may be overspending on it which if saved can be used towards actual PC.