First time building a PC

Abedumbledore

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
NOTE:Not sure if this is the right category.

So I just bought the parts for my first PC build(Gaming PC). This is my build: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/VqZzzy
I just added another monitor. So I have all the parts and am planning on building in the coming weeks I was just looking for any tips and advice some of you could give me. I'm not great with computers so any very descriptive and thorough guides you could link me too would be great. Feel free to ask any questions!

TomasPistonCraft

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015
Ok, firstly nice build there, you 100% sure you want to spend $4000?

few things to consider;

Graphics card - not sure what exactly you will be doing but you wont need two gtx 980ti's unless you will be running more than 2 monitors when playing with nvidia surround (where all monitors are used to play a game)

Storage - You won't need to spend so much on an SSD (solid state drive) as pci-e based ssd's are typically over priced considering the tiny difference to just a normal SATA

Cooling - are you sure you want to go through the stress of setting up watercooling as it can be a pain and has a risk of damaging components if not done properly (as you are first time builder) and needs to be kept well/maintained well, air cooling would be fine as long as you get quality coolers that are quiet and powerful, I recommend noctua as they make quality fans but since you are spending a lot on this build then probably want to spend a bit more on cooling

Please reply as my hands now hurt from typing!!

TomasPistonCraft

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015

Good to see that we all think the same things, a 4k monitor would be sick to go with that build, nice touch

Abedumbledore

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016

Thanks for the replies guys! I have a budget of $4800 CAD which has too include a monitor and K95 RGB keyboard(Brown Switches). I'm buying the parts tomorrow so need advice relatively quickly. I am open to changing my build to whatever the community thinks would be the best value and not too difficult too assemble. I mainly play CS:GO(Semi-Proffessionally) and may be planning on streaming in the future(Not sure). I don't want to waste money, but want to spend at least $4000 CAD and at most $4800 CAD. Again here is my current build feel free to change it: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/VqZzzy

NOTE: Build must be quiet

ibjamie92

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
Dont be scared of PC building, I was in your position this time last year, just binge on youtube reviews and tutorials and you'll have the PC of your dreams in no time!

Abedumbledore

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016

Do you think you could link some of those videos?

ibjamie92

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016

what do you want to know? just search youtube for whatever you want to know and you'll get pages of clear, professional expert help, knowledge is power my friend :) a few good channels I watch for reviews and tutorials are linustechtips, jayztwocents, ncixtechtips and quite a few others, plenty of extremely helpful videos for anything you can think of