First time PC builder. Brought wrong OS!

G

Okay so if anybody reads this; I'm a first PC builder. Just built it tonight, currently typing this to you from it. But through the process of me buying my parts, I brought "Windows 8 Pro" disc off of eBay. I have no idea when it comes to OS, so I used it for my build. In the manual thing, it asks to just install 32bit first, then it'll tell you if you need 64bit afterwards. I did that, but funny me. The whole disc is just for an upgrade not a "clean install". Its saying the product key is invalid or something. Meaning my Windows 8 pro is not activated.

My PC uses Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB ram I obviously know my PC needs 64bit. But not only can I not activate W8 but I installed the wrong bit!

Im freaking out! Will my PC get screwed up if I dont activate it? How do I get 64bit on here not the 32!!!

Solution
To activate either:
1) right click computer -> properties ->scroll down -> activate windows -> change product key -> put in the one on the disk OR
2) (this method worked for me) do the first 4 steps as above -> via phone -> follow instructions

H4X3R

Distinguished
To activate either:
1) right click computer -> properties ->scroll down -> activate windows -> change product key -> put in the one on the disk OR
2) (this method worked for me) do the first 4 steps as above -> via phone -> follow instructions

Solution
G

But it says I have already got a product key in there. Yet it says "Activate Key or Buy a new one" I try to activate mine and it says "this product key is already in use on another PC"? But its already on my SSD?

So now im left with the wrong bit (32 instead of 64) and an unacvtivated OS.....

G

Ill try now

G

How do I do it by phone, lol?