[SOLVED] First water cooling setup

Feb 15, 2019
Hi everyone,

I’m interested in building my first custom water cooling loop and currently, I’m bit confused by the mass of products and information.

My first question is can I now start to build a loop only for the CPU and later extend it and add the GPU(I want to wait for the next-gen GPU) or will this be too difficult.

To find the right components I used the EKWB configurator, do these products make sense also when I plan to extend the loop later?
Configurator / Products https://www.ekwb.com/custom-loop-configurator/shared/oW5dd24ced1e5e8

Current Setup:
Case: NZXT S340
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon
GPU: Palit GeForce RTX 2060 StormX, 6GB GDDR6, (NE62060018J9-161F)

Solution
1| Yes.

2| Best just buy a watercooling kit, that should get your feet wet with a CPU only loop. You can then add a GPU block(corresponding to your GPU's make and model, add some fittings as well as tubing and you're good to go!

3| For the S340, your options will be slightly limited. Front 240/280mm radiator and a rear 120mm radiator. It's doable, though!

Lutfij

Titan
1| Yes.

2| Best just buy a watercooling kit, that should get your feet wet with a CPU only loop. You can then add a GPU block(corresponding to your GPU's make and model, add some fittings as well as tubing and you're good to go!

3| For the S340, your options will be slightly limited. Front 240/280mm radiator and a rear 120mm radiator. It's doable, though!

Solution
Feb 15, 2019
1| Yes.

thank you, for the quick answer!
What should I consider if I would also buy a new case?

Carl2

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Since you are waiting for the next generation GPU I'll say I bought a water cooled GPU for a very good price ( during the GPU shortage period ). It's an EVGA hybrid and comes with tubing, radiator and fan,