[SOLVED] Fitting problem in desktop pc

Solution
I think that GT 1030 GPU might fir inside the OptiPlex 790 DT PC. Assuming the below GPU as listed on the official specs can be installed, I think the 1030 should also fit, IMO.

GeForce GTX 1650 OC Low Profile

https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeF.../B081L3PSGK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?tag=hrdwcorner-20

BTW, the dimensions of that GT 1030 GPU are H=26.8 L=167.7 W=111.2 mm. And the above GTX 1650 card is also having the same length, so I think the 1030 should also fit. You need to check and confirm the DELL desktop PC's exact dimensions as well, before buying. But I have a feeling the card should fit in this PC as well.

BTW, which power supply model does the DELL system is having ...
I think that GT 1030 GPU might fir inside the OptiPlex 790 DT PC. Assuming the below GPU as listed on the official specs can be installed, I think the 1030 should also fit, IMO.

GeForce GTX 1650 OC Low Profile

https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeF.../B081L3PSGK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?tag=hrdwcorner-20

BTW, the dimensions of that GT 1030 GPU are H=26.8 L=167.7 W=111.2 mm. And the above GTX 1650 card is also having the same length, so I think the 1030 should also fit. You need to check and confirm the DELL desktop PC's exact dimensions as well, before buying. But I have a feeling the card should fit in this PC as well.

BTW, which power supply model does the DELL system is having ? Check the wattage and the exact Model number as well. By default, Dell OptiPlex 790 DT comes with a 250 Watt PSU.

Solution

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
If your Optiplex looks like this:

dell-optiplex-790-mtcore-i5-2400-quad-31-ghz-tablets-computers-dailysale-177429_800x.progressive.jpg

then the Gigabyte GT 1030 that you linked to will fit.

If, however, it's like the pic in the Optiplex that you linked, to, thus looking like this:

then the Gigabyte you linked to will NOT fit. You will need a low-profile card of a similar form factor to what @Metal Messiah. linked to.

Note that while the card he linked to is a low-profile card, it has the normal, full-size bracked installed. A lot of low profile cards (maybe all of them) offer both normal and low profile brackets, so you may have to swap it if the standard bracket is installed by default.

Dec 17, 2021
If your Optiplex looks like this:

dell-optiplex-790-mtcore-i5-2400-quad-31-ghz-tablets-computers-dailysale-177429_800x.progressive.jpg

then the Gigabyte GT 1030 that you linked to will fit.

If, however, it's like the pic in the Optiplex that you linked, to, thus looking like this:

then the Gigabyte you linked to will NOT fit. You will need a low-profile card of a similar form factor to what @Metal Messiah. linked to.

Note that while the card he linked to is a low-profile card, it has the normal, full-size bracked installed. A lot of low profile cards (maybe all of them) offer both normal and low profile brackets, so you may have to swap it if the standard bracket is installed by default.
What about this? Amazon.com: Gigabyte GeForce GT 1030 GV-N1030D5-2GL Low Profile 2G Computer Graphics Card : Electronics

TRENDING THREADS