Five Z87 Motherboards For Your Mini-ITX Build, Reviewed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutfij

Titan
Haha, So you're seriously considering the EVGA board? I mean the board seems barren compared to the impact and furthermore EVGA skimped on the extras that you're getting on the lower priced boards.

Black Friday price drop? :D

+ 1 to outside case installation. Usually the cases in this form factor warrants you to install most of the components outside case and then pop it straight into the chassis. In fact you may even need to attach your sata cables prior to mobo fitment for those with big hands.

mrjhh

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2007
I bought the Gigabyte on Black Friday, the 4770K was $80 off. Running Linux, the combination always taints the kernel, because of missing VT-d support in the K processors, but the BIOS still has entries for the iommu in acpi database, and lists the address as zero. Linux doesn't like getting zero as a register address. I assume a non-K chip wouldn't have this problem, since it supports VT-d.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
It's starting to become apparent that EVGA is overpriced. Charge more for products with less features claiming they overclock higher. They simply don't. Even their first case is overpriced and lacks things like... PAINT.

Status
Not open for further replies.