Question Fix faulty (or something else) VRAM ?

Feb 16, 2021
Ok so, when i bought my pc i played games normal, then installed gta v (the pc still new), it worked as normal, then after a year i reinstalled the same windows and virus cleaned my pc then when i opened gta v it worked for 3 minutes then it crashed and for years i haven't found whats causing the crash, it happened on another game (just cause 3) then few years after i thought to check task manager and see the info of my gpu when its running gta v, and i saw that when it reached more than 2gb of vram usage it instantly crashes, i tried to open it again and i saw the vram usage at 1.9 i minimized it and didn't have any crash then i opened again and kept playing and again it crashed on 2gb of vram usage, today i found a video to how to fix or at least try to fix faulty vram is to use msi afterburner to underclock the memory clock and or gpu clock i still didn't try that because i didn't know if its safe, or can you guys suggest a software to limmit or restrict the vram usage to 1.9gb or maybe trick my pc to thinking that my card is 2gb vram? Or maybe trick the game.
Help???