Question Fixing Burn-In with VA Panel

May 13, 2021
So I have a C24G1 that's VA and its been quite some time of having it.
Today only I noticed that in 1 game on the menu I saw the windows logo at the bottom left of the screen. And then later on I realized its the whole top of the taskbar visible on dark grey/black backgrounds.
It's really annoying when I noticed it now but Im 99% sure it wasn't here yesterday.
I read LCD panels aren't necessarily effected by burn in so is there any way to fix it ?
I have tried flashing colors on it for a few hours already to no result.
Thanks for the answers in advance.

Ralston18

Titan
Right click an open area on the Task bar.

Select Taskbar settings.

There are quite a number of settings that are end user configurable.

Explore first but do not change anything. Make notes as you go. Look for a setting that may be able to alter the visible part in question.

Another place to look is Windows: Ease of Access and Personalization.

May 13, 2021
Right click an open area on the Task bar.

Select Taskbar settings.

There are quite a number of settings that are end user configurable.

Explore first but do not change anything. Make notes as you go. Look for a setting that may be able to alter the visible part in question.

Another place to look is Windows: Ease of Access and Personalization.
I have already enabled auto hide for my taskbar so it doesn't sit on my monitor forever. Is the shadow of it supposed to dissapear after awhile or no ?

Ralston18

Titan
I would expect the shadow to simply be gone.

Burn-in has not been an issue for quite awhile - there is something else happening.

Hopefully others may comment one way or another.

My thought is that the "shadow" is a transparency/translucent setting of some sort?

Google "Task bar transparent translucent"

Take a look at a few of the images and determine if any of the images resemble what you are seeing.

If not then manually download, reinstall, and reconfigure the monitor drivers. Also the video drivers.

Failing that, the next steps would be to use "sfc /scannow" and "dism" to look for and fix corrupted Windows files.

May 13, 2021
I would expect the shadow to simply be gone.

Burn-in has not been an issue for quite awhile - there is something else happening.

Hopefully others may comment one way or another.

My thought is that the "shadow" is a transparency/translucent setting of some sort?

Google "Task bar transparent translucent"

Take a look at a few of the images and determine if any of the images resemble what you are seeing.

If not then manually download, reinstall, and reconfigure the monitor drivers. Also the video drivers.

Failing that, the next steps would be to use "sfc /scannow" and "dism" to look for and fix corrupted Windows files.
No no. Its not any transparency. I have never had it enabled ever. Its definitely burn in or image retention. Im just worried about it sticking permanently.

May 13, 2021
Do you use a screen saver?
I mean my monitor usually turns off itself after 5 minutes of inactivity but its not about that.
Its just my taskbar. Especially during lockdown having to work and sit on my pc all day everyday and my taskbar sits down there regardless.
I did enable autohide of the taskbar as I said up there but Im not even 100% sure if it's getting better.