Fixing IE Problems

I don't know if I am in the right area to address this problem:

I recently dowloaded a file from a site. The download was successful, except
for a few reminders that there were newer versions of some of these files
already on my system. I naturally opted to keep the newer versions. However,
I am unable to view and print certain documents from this site. I contacted
the IT area of the download site and was told that the problem may be
related to Internet Explorer and Visual Basic. We started to trouble-shoot a
solution to the problem by searching for IE in the "Add / Remove" section
through Control Panel but we could not find it there. However, I do have IE
6.0 SP2 installed on my system. The IT administrator said it may not have
all the IE files or that some of them may be corrupted, but that there
should be some way of repairing these files. How do I go about fixing the IE
problem? Why is it not showing up in the the "Add/Remove" section? Please
help me resolve this problem.

Thanks

P.J.

You need to ask this in the Internet Explorer newsgroups.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Paul Jagmohan" <paulj@aei.net> wrote in message
>I don't know if I am in the right area to address this problem:
>

> I recently dowloaded a file from a site. The download was successful,
> except for a few reminders that there were newer versions of some of these
> files already on my system. I naturally opted to keep the newer versions.
> However, I am unable to view and print certain documents from this site. I
> contacted the IT area of the download site and was told that the problem
> may be related to Internet Explorer and Visual Basic. We started to
> trouble-shoot a solution to the problem by searching for IE in the "Add /
> Remove" section through Control Panel but we could not find it there.
> However, I do have IE 6.0 SP2 installed on my system. The IT administrator
> said it may not have all the IE files or that some of them may be
> corrupted, but that there should be some way of repairing these files. How
> do I go about fixing the IE problem? Why is it not showing up in the the
> "Add/Remove" section? Please help me resolve this problem.
>

> Thanks
>

> P.J.

TRENDING THREADS