Flash Drive (Appears as Removable Disk F:)

janniellejoyce

Reputable
Nov 3, 2014
Hello everyone. I hope you can help me with this. I badly need your help. So, I have a problem with my USB. It worked fine yesterday and just now, when I plugged it into my computer it appears as "Removable Disk F:"

When I try to open it, a dialog box shows up. It says "Please insert disk into Removable Disk F:"

rupvz8.jpg

My friends told me to format it. But when I try to, another dialog box appears..

2chx4p5.jpg

I was starting to get worried that I won't be able to use my USB anymore. Then, I started searching on the internet on what could have cause this. I found some posts saying to try the "Disk Management" I tried it. I watched videos on YouTube to help me fix it. But I still can't. I can't find any other ways to solve this problem and I'm really worried that I can't use my usb again. It contains my research files (school stuffs) but I don't mind losing it. I just wanted my usb to be fixed. I hope someone can help me with this.
Here's a screenshot when I tried to fix it with disk management. I tried Changing Drive Letters and Paths. But it didn't work.

2qcia1j.jpg

I hope someone could help with my problem. Any help or suggestions to help me fix this is highly appreciated. Thank you all :)

Solution
There might be one way to get it working, but it will definitely wipe out any files that happened to be on the drive.

Go to the start menu, and open your command prompt. Type diskpart and hit enter.

Type list disk and hit enter. There may be a couple disks online, depending on what's in your system. One of these is your USB drive - find it, and be very certain that you don't accidentally select anything else in the following steps to avoid deleting anything important.

Type select disk # where # is the number of your USB drive as shown by the previous command.

Type clean and hit enter - this will completely wipe any partition and formatting information off of the drive, so again, be very sure you have...

sami5

Reputable
May 7, 2014

same thing happened to my memory card and i couldn't make it work.i tried everything

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
There might be one way to get it working, but it will definitely wipe out any files that happened to be on the drive.

Go to the start menu, and open your command prompt. Type diskpart and hit enter.

Type list disk and hit enter. There may be a couple disks online, depending on what's in your system. One of these is your USB drive - find it, and be very certain that you don't accidentally select anything else in the following steps to avoid deleting anything important.

Type select disk # where # is the number of your USB drive as shown by the previous command.

Type clean and hit enter - this will completely wipe any partition and formatting information off of the drive, so again, be very sure you have the right drive selected.

Type create partition primary and hit enter. This will create a new partition for Windows to use, but it won't be assigned a drive letter. Enter assign to fix that.

At this point, you should have an unformatted removable disk showing up in My Computer - if you can format it now, great. If not, or if the above process fails in some way, I'd say it's time to start looking for a replacement.

Solution

janniellejoyce

Reputable
Nov 3, 2014

After I select the disk, and clean it, it says "No Media was found" is there any other way?

Anyways, thank you so much for the help. At least now I have learned options or ways to fix my usb if I'm going to encounter this kind of problem in the future. Thank you so much, Sir for your help. Highly appreciated. I guess I should really look for a replacement.

TRENDING THREADS