Flashback Botnet Now Reduced to 140,000 Macs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we remember everyone that these numbers are actually the number of computers that are trying to reach the command domain? That it does not mean these machines are no longer infected? Nah... let's not mention that.

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
Hello OsX welcome to the mainstream!
We have Viruses, Malware, Anti-Virus, and Anti-Malware!

You ready for the kicker? Sometimes they're all the same thing!

So enjoy your stay and prepare for several more viruses just like this one!

r3cluse

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
[citation][nom]mightymaxio[/nom]^The purpose of the article obviously is to get us to look at that girl in the picture XD[/citation]

There was an article?

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Hello OsX welcome to the mainstream! We have Viruses, Malware, Anti-Virus, and Anti-Malware!

Ummm, a senior citizen told me that someone at the Apple store had told him a few weeks ago that Apple computers were so magical that they could never be infected by viri and that he could open any link and file without worrying. Imagine.

shreeharsha

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
[citation][nom]mightymaxio[/nom]^The purpose of the article obviously is to get us to look at that girl in the picture XD[/citation]

Because of which I am not able read at my work ....

sam buddy

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Apple, being the PR/Marketing company that they are, publish malware reports in cooperation with their partners as often as possible to protect their sales. They have invested so much in their OS being more secure than anything else out there, that now they can't do otherwise. Soon it will become old news, so they won't have to, and their OS will "harden up".

BTW, can you imagine MS doing the same thing, with media reproducing the reports? We would have to use advanced search strings to find some real news!

G

No computer or operating system is immune to this sort of thing.... Mac's, until recently, have never been in the hands of as many home-end-users as they have recently before. With this, now virus makers, etc. have an actual reason to start writing virus's and all for Macs because it's worthwhile doing. I hope they go and truely bring out how insecure Mac's really are and make this worthless, scamming company called Apple sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.