flashed rtx 2070 max q from 80 watt to 90(dell g7 7790)

valleron2020

Commendable
May 4, 2020
the flash was succesfull but i have some questions.
1)is it dangerous forthe gpu to run higher tdp and clocks?
2)i guess that the warranty is voided??ori can flash back the backup bios when something happens too the laptop?
3)the temperatures are ok,maximum 85c for the cpu and 75 for gpu.

I mean the main question is should i worried that gpu and laptop generally runs with more voltage so are they dangers for the gpu(can be damaged?)

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
I guess I can only answer the second question, there is or should be thermal protection which kicks in at near the tdp, which should stop it from overheating, it will throttle the speed and voltages that is causing the die to overheat. I don't know, nor do I want to know whether you can disable this protection,d my advice, even if there is, not to do it, but I can't force you not to

about the 3/ question, if the updating of firmware was successful, and there is another problem, contact tech support, just because your laptop maybe out of warranty, doesn't mean that you can't report to them about a problem. They may be able to help you with the problem that you're having, though I can't guarantee that they will help you in all circumstances