Question Flashing BIOS from a cpu I do not have

scobod22

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2012
Hey all.
First and foremost, please forgive my lack of PC building knowledge. I know enough to get by.

My son and I started playing some online games together. Unfortunately, my current PC isn't a gaming rig so it struggles with some and just plain cant handle others. Its a stock Dell 9010 i7-3770 with added GT 1030. To remedy this and to build a better rig for the games he likes, I purchased some parts online for a budget build. This is what I went with.
Asrock B450M Pro4 mobo
Ryzen 5 3600
ASUS GTX 1070 I had laying around but would not fit in my 9010 case.
550w psu
T-Force 16gb ram
256gb M.2 boot

Like I said, no where near top of the line, but more than adequate for the games he likes or may like. I have no plans to OC anything so basic build for minor gaming. Question I have is that I have purchased everything except the memory second hand. What I didn't take into consideration is the BIOS from the board. In the event the bios only supports up to a second generation, is there still a way to flash the bios to allow my 3600 to operate without the prior cpu installed? Not sure if I can even get to bios with an unsupported cpu. Again, my knowledge isn't up to par.

scobod22

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2012
don't matter what the website say. yes it supported

but it depend on when the motherboard was manufactured. if it made before the bios update. it will not have the bios update. That why I ask if the BOX said 3000 series supported

i’ll have to reach out to the seller to see what CPU he had. Mine wasnt shipped with the original box