dallas

Well, I've run Lawn Dart's word "floopy" through 993 dictionaries and I
don't get any hits.
http://www.onelook.com/

This coming on the heels of the Old Timer's complaint about this group's use
of the English language. It's bad enough this group uses D- English, but
now we're resorting to making up words!

Dallas

(Actually, I love the word. Perhaps the English Police will add it to the
lexicon.)

canuck

Distinguished
May 27, 2001

Well if you don't like floopy, you certainly will hate the following -
flollopped, voon, vollued and gupped - the moral being that if these words
annoy you, do not become involved in conversation with any mattresses as you
will become wurfed and willomied to the point of distraction.

> Well, I've run Lawn Dart's word "floopy" through 993 dictionaries and I
> don't get any hits.
> http://www.onelook.com/
>
> This coming on the heels of the Old Timer's complaint about this group's
> use
> of the English language. It's bad enough this group uses D- English, but
> now we're resorting to making up words!
>
> Dallas
>
> (Actually, I love the word. Perhaps the English Police will add it to the
> lexicon.)

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Canuck" <someone@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Well if you don't like floopy, you certainly will hate the following -
> flollopped, voon, vollued and gupped - the moral being that if these words
> annoy you, do not become involved in conversation with any mattresses as
> you will become wurfed and willomied to the point of distraction.

Lol!

Dan

Canuck,
Both Dallas and myself both said we loved floopy.
What part of that English language did you not understand? :)

Cheers,

Quilly

canuck

Distinguished
May 27, 2001

Wasn't really directed at either of you but the quotee - my newsreader
doesn't always pick up all the messages for some reason, I am flummoxed to
have icurred your multifarious disapprobation.
Cor blimey mate! One orf them yankee toips troying to teech 'is granny ta
suk iggs. :)

> Canuck,
> Both Dallas and myself both said we loved floopy.
> What part of that English language did you not understand? :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Quilly

the word Floopy, is refered to in the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy by a
mattress(you had to be there) talking to Marvin(the robot)(you really had to
be there), and is a term of "happiness"

hehheehev Paul

> Well, I've run Lawn Dart's word "floopy" through 993 dictionaries and I
> don't get any hits.
> http://www.onelook.com/
>
> This coming on the heels of the Old Timer's complaint about this group's
use
> of the English language. It's bad enough this group uses D- English, but
> now we're resorting to making up words!
>
> Dallas
>
> (Actually, I love the word. Perhaps the English Police will add it to the
> lexicon.)

I love 'Floopy'. It is a writer's dream, and does not confuse anyone. It is
in the great English traditon of Lewis Carroll :)

Cheers,

Quilly

dallas

"Quilljar"
> I love 'Floopy'. It is a writer's dream, and does not confuse anyone. It
is
> in the great English traditon of Lewis Carroll :)

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe.
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Really a masterpiece work, if I were an Opium eater I could have come up
with that too...

Dallas

dallas

"Lawn Dart"
> Of course, I didn't mean to use the word "floopy" to mean
> "happiness".

Oh, gimme a break... you're making up words. Admit it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Varmit

Sorry Canuck - Lurved the cockney accent, especially as I was born within
the sound of Bow Bells!
(The definition of a Cockney for those who live a long way from London,
England)

Cheers,

Quilly

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 05:38:22 GMT, Dallas wrote:

> Well, I've run Lawn Dart's word "floopy" through 993 dictionaries and I
> don't get any hits.

The first time I've heard it was in "Friends".

"It looks so floopy."
"Well then...we'll make it un-floopy."
"Sure. Like *that's* a word!"

:)

How about this?
"What's up? Why so squinky?"

And at one time they even used the word "scrunchy".

--

Marcel
(Mmmmmm.....beer and doughnuts. - Homer Simpson)

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:22:44 GMT, "Dallas"
<Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote:

>outgrabe

Outgrabe: v, to release from an Iraqi prison

James

"Paul R" <rudmans@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> the word Floopy, is refered to in the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy by a
> mattress(you had to be there) talking to Marvin(the robot)(you really had
> be there), and is a term of "happiness"
>
> hehheehev Paul
> "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
>>
>> Well, I've run Lawn Dart's word "floopy" through 993 dictionaries and I
>> don't get any hits.
>> http://www.onelook.com/
>>
>> This coming on the heels of the Old Timer's complaint about this group's
> use
>> of the English language. It's bad enough this group uses D- English,
>> but
>> now we're resorting to making up words!
>>
>> Dallas
>>
>> (Actually, I love the word. Perhaps the English Police will add it to
>> the
>> lexicon.)

It's all either metaphoric or onomatopoeic.

Since I've never heard my box make a noise like "floopy," (except once, and
the incident involved spilled liquid, and was very expensive to undo) I'd
have to say it's a metaphor, with surreal constructions based on phonic
allusion.

As I recall, the best psylocibin shrooms grew on the football field at Oly
Hi. Get to the capital much?

dallas

"BeeFlow"
> It's all either metaphoric or onomatopoeic.

I would have to add the possibibly of synergistic.. perhaps a combination
of floppy and loopie?

> As I recall, the best psylocibin shrooms grew on the football field at Oly
> Hi. Get to the capital much?

I don't know where Oly Hi is... but I believe it's harvest season in West
Texas. :) Road trip!

Dally

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Dallas wrote:

> I don't know where Oly Hi is... but I believe it's harvest season in West
> Texas. :) Road trip!
>

> Dally

SHHH, Typo..... EAST Texas.......
--