[SOLVED] fluctuating gpu usage...?

Sep 29, 2019
ive read on the internet that gpu usage should always be in the high 90s,but that isnt the case with my gpu usage,my gpu usage keeps fluctuating in the 90s and sometimes drops to the 80s and 70s in most games,is this normal...?im new to pc gaming and idk what to do tbh

rtx 2080ti
ryzen 3700x
3200mhz 16gb ram 2x8
x570 gaming edge wifi mobo
650w corsair cxm 80+ bronze psu

temps are around 70-75c underload

Solution
YouTube benchmarks always have 99% usage tho
Which benchmarks, because some of them aren't legit... well, in the sense that some of them tweak their OS's registry(not recommended for the clueless), running next to no other programs on their storage drives(max speed)... things the average user wouldn't mess with.

That’s a pretty nice setup for a crappy PSU.
Corsair's CMX line is a decent choice for gaming loads - while I agree that I would be using a higher end psu model with a high end cpu + 2080Ti, a CXM's not going to blow their fancy hardware up.
If anything, the psu will just wear down faster.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
YouTube benchmarks always have 99% usage tho
Which benchmarks, because some of them aren't legit... well, in the sense that some of them tweak their OS's registry(not recommended for the clueless), running next to no other programs on their storage drives(max speed)... things the average user wouldn't mess with.

That’s a pretty nice setup for a crappy PSU.
Corsair's CMX line is a decent choice for gaming loads - while I agree that I would be using a higher end psu model with a high end cpu + 2080Ti, a CXM's not going to blow their fancy hardware up.

Solution

Right, just never seen someone buy a $1200 GPU and use a budget PSU.